DICE PACKS BUNDLE

shape shifting characters

i have a new character that wants to be a shape shifter. the only way i can do that is give them lycanthropy. the ability means that they have to roll an open ended d100. on a roll of more than 100, with +5 per level of character. i thought this was a rather small chance, so i thought i would create a skill, shape shifting. that way they can add DPs and get a small increase in bonus. kind of stuck on what stats control the skill.

in addition, they do not want to only be able to change in to one particular type of animal. so here is where i thought a spell list would work. at 1st level you can change in to say, a mouse. at 10th level, a brown bear? with other creatures at different levels.

i suppose i will have to create an NPC for each animal the shape shifter can change in to.

thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
    i have a new character that wants to be a shape shifter. the only way i can do that is give them lycanthropy. the ability means that they have to roll an open ended d100. on a roll of more than 100, with +5 per level of character. i thought this was a rather small chance, so i thought i would create a skill, shape shifting. that way they can add DPs and get a small increase in bonus. kind of stuck on what stats control the skill.
    Lycanthropy is a background option. It uses Self Discipline for the Stat, or you can look at the rules in Creatures and Treasures

in addition, they do not want to only be able to change in to one particular type of animal. so here is where i thought a spell list would work. at 1st level you can change in to say, a mouse. at 10th level, a brown bear? with other creatures at different levels.
    This is up to the GM, I personally would not allow that, but if that is what you want, I see no issues with it.

There is the Druid Profession from Companion One that has a list for shape changing (Nature's Forms).

i suppose i will have to create an NPC for each animal the shape shifter can change in to.

thoughts?
    This pretty much what the 5e groups do, either that or create a character sheet for each. There is no good way (in any system as far as I am aware) to transform a character sheet when a player shape changes.

Thread Information