STAR TREK 2d20

having player make rolls that only GM can see

Hi everyone,
    I am new to the community but really enjoy FG so far. Going through the Tutorials I saw that the old FG Dice Tower made it so that only the GM could see dice rolls not even the players making them. I really like this feature, as i have one player that has troubles keeping meta gaming in check and often tries to come up with reasons to reroll skill checks they did not do very great in (usually this happens most with stealth rolls and other comparing skill checks where players roll in advance). So far i had to put down my foot several times and simply say he can' or roll the checks in his stead. However it seems that the old dice tower was a perfect way around this.

Unfortunately, it seems in the current version the dice tower only appears when the option "show GM rolls" is clicked off, so would not really hide the result anymore. Is there another option now instead?
    Thanks for the help =)

Blog Entries
    Setting Dice Tower on/off affects everyone plus you have the additional option to show/hide GM rolls.
    If you hide GM rolls then the GM wont see the tower.
    Everyone else still will.

The dice tower hasn't changed functionality at all. As damned says if you have the dice tower on then the players will see the dice tower and you can ask them to make rolls in the tower. Only the DM will see the result of such a roll. The DM will not see the dice tower unless you have Show DM rolls switched to on, since with Show DM rolls off there's no point in having a dice tower since the players can't see DM rolls anyway. With DM rolls off the Dice tower shows for the DM so that they can make rolls that the players can't see.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    To see what the players see, start your campaign as the GM. Then start a second instance and connect to your first one. Both can be done on the same computer. This second instance will be a plyer instance and will behave just like a player (you can claim PC's, etc)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

thank you all for the reply. Kind of weird to not show the tower to the GM unless you show GM rolls. But as long as it will be there for the players that is all i need.

Blog Entries
    If the GM rolls are set to be hidden, then their is no purpose to showing the GM the tower. (Since all their rolls are already hidden).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information