FG Forge
  1. #1

    damage type list for 5E

    Unfortunately after 3 hours of google and thread searching, there seems to be a disturbing lack of documentation I can find on damage types for dnd 5e that can be applied as an immunity, resistance or vulnerability.
    I've found something like "RESIST: bludgeoning, piercing, slashing" works fine (when you remove quotes), but finding a complete list of accepted damage types has been a quest all its own... and the wiki about effects and applying them lacks anything appearing to be a complete list.

    Could someone provide a list of known damage types OR point me in the direction of said list hiding somewhere please? I'd sincerely appreciate it!

  2. #2
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    18,360
    At the bottom of this part of the effects Wiki. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...tion#Modifiers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you need to contact customer support or if there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    At the bottom of this part of the effects Wiki. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...tion#Modifiers
    I think i found them, thank you for that information!

    Damage related: acid, cold, fire, force, lightning, necrotic, poison, psychic, radiant, thunder, adamantine, cold-forged iron, magic, silver, critical, bludgeoning, piercing, slashing

    Conditions: charmed, frightened, paralyzed, poisoned, sleep, stunned, blinded, deafened
    Last edited by Artimos; January 9th, 2022 at 02:23.

  4. #4
    Are there any extensions that add the other types for specific settings/ situations: byeshk from eberron works same as silver but against aberrations, cold-iron vs fey, and I remember something is vulnerable to gold but I never remember what.

  5. #5
    LordEntrails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    -7 UTC
    Posts
    15,297
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    Are there any extensions that add the other types for specific settings/ situations: byeshk from eberron works same as silver but against aberrations, cold-iron vs fey, and I remember something is vulnerable to gold but I never remember what.
    Yes. But I don't remember their names. I remember a few from before the Forge was available.
    A quick search of the Forge gave me these;
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/429/view
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/122/view
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/45/view

    Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

  6. #6
    I can try to be of assistance, if you want to try out my "damage type tutorial" Though anything special besides registering damage types may have to be achieved with a separate extension, depending on what you need

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I can try to be of assistance, if you want to try out my "damage type tutorial" Though anything special besides registering damage types may have to be achieved with a separate extension, depending on what you need
    Basically, just if I have a byeshk mace to be able to say "dmg: 1d6 bludgeoning,byeshk" and on an NPC put "byeshk" in the vulnerabilities and "resistant to slashing, piercing, and bludgeoning!byeshk" and have it work. Same with Iron (because "cold-iron" is needlessly long and thus prone to typos) and gold. So it's not just silver and adamantine.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yes. But I don't remember their names. I remember a few from before the Forge was available.
    A quick search of the Forge gave me these;
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/429/view
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/122/view
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/45/view
    Interesting. I think two of them do what I need, but one costs money and the other requires editing the extension, and I have an irrational fear of editing application files. I'll just stick to manually turning off resistance and telling the players to use the auto-crit hotkey on damage rolls. Thank you though.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    Basically, just if I have a byeshk mace to be able to say "dmg: 1d6 bludgeoning,byeshk" and on an NPC put "byeshk" in the vulnerabilities and "resistant to slashing, piercing, and bludgeoning!byeshk" and have it work. Same with Iron (because "cold-iron" is needlessly long and thus prone to typos) and gold. So it's not just silver and adamantine.
    Actually, that should work with my extension (the editing one); except for !byeshk, that is hard-coded in FG and only works for designated damage types. For this one would need to write a separate extension

    About your fear to edit the extension: No worries The extension only contains a list of data, like your new damage types. You just add your needed damage types and that's it It is like a window you add your damage types into such that FG registers those So, you are not editing any actual script

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in