Starfinder Playlist

Experience (Sorry if this has been asked)

I am looking for a way to slow the progression of my campaign. So, I was wondering if there was a way to change the Experience points required per level and make it automated as it is now? such as instead of saying 2000 XP it would take 4000 XP to progress to the next level.

Again, I apologize if this has been asked before, I did look over the forums and didn't see anything.

Which ruleset?

If you're posting in a system agnostic sub-forum please remember to indicate which ruleset you're referring to if the question is specific to a ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Garrick147 View Post
    I am looking for a way to slow the progression of my campaign. So, I was wondering if there was a way to change the Experience points required per level and make it automated as it is now? such as instead of saying 2000 XP it would take 4000 XP to progress to the next level.

Again, I apologize if this has been asked before, I did look over the forums and didn't see anything.
    Give out less experience and/or level players when they achieve some goal or objective rather than solely based on points.

Sorry it was for 5E. That is currently what I am doing but if I could just make a new experience level chart it would save me some time.

Thanks all for the quick response.

The standard 5E ruleset doesn't automate the amount of XP used to level up - the field in the PC sheet is left blank allowing the player/GM to fill out what they need for the next level.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Milestone is your friend.
    ~Drake

For me, there are two ways to do it.
    DrakePD's post is the easiest: just use milestones, and level up the characters when you're ready.

If you still want to tie it to actual kills, though, you could just edit the xp for individual encounters or individual monsters.

I'm curious, though, why you'd want to limit XP. Unless, that is, you're throwing thousands of enemies at them and they really are just leveling up too fast. I ran a game that lasted over a year, and at the end, the characters were still only 7th level, and that was handing out xp like candy at christmas.

I tend to run long campaigns and want players to get attached to their characters. I have been doubling the requirements for XP per level and it seems to work. And yes my group are action oriented and I have to throw a lot of encounters at them to keep them happy. so I do not want them to raise levels to quickly.

Another issue I am having is keeping track of Armor damage. In my setting your armor takes damage and after a certain point is no longer of any use. Right know I use notes on my Control tabs 1 per character to track points 10 points per item. You can repair it at a blacksmith at 10% cost of armor per point. Just adds a few extra aspects to it makes you spend money for one. Not sure if anyone else does anything like this but would Like to hear how they track any damage and see if its easier then the way I do it.

Thanks all for the help and replies it is greatly Appreciated.

Why not give everyone a bag called "Armor Damage" or something, then give each character an item in the bag for each armor, shield, etc item. Then increment that item by one every time there is damage?

Thread Information