DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    If you have the GM Enhancements, it should supersedes (and have more functionality), so feel free to disable this extension. With both you might have weird things like double level fields.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

The one thing that the Encounter Builder Helper has that the GM Enhancements does not have is the auto recalculate the combat XP. Could you add that to the upcoming feature list for the GM Enhancements? It is very useful especially for the current module I am running.

GM Enhancements should recalculate XP every time you add/remove an NPC, or change party level or size. I just removed the button to reduce one click. Is it not working for you?

Ah! Ok I see now some auto caculate when I bring up an 'un modifed' one. Some of the ones I caculated before weren't for whatever reason, but did as soon as I reduced the party's level. I guess I just had bad luck opening a few old encounters.

Yeah, my extension only looks (and updates) severity and XP once some value is modified because I don't want to touch pre-existing content (including modules, etc).

I don't see it auto-updating when using CTRL-scroll to adjust party size and level up or down. You have to type in the field for it to auto-update.
    Last edited by darrenan; August 7th, 2022 at 18:02.

Also, it doesn't really say in the rules what to do for monsters more than 4 levels below the party level, but it would be nice if it was treated as -4, or maybe 5 XP, rather than zeroing out the XP. Looks like you treat 5 and higher as 200 xp already.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Also, it doesn't really say in the rules what to do for monsters more than 4 levels below the party level, but it would be nice if it was treated as -4, or maybe 5 XP, rather than zeroing out the XP. Looks like you treat 5 and higher as 200 xp already.
    "Trivial encounters don’t normally grant any XP, but you might decide to award the same XP as for a minor or moderate accomplishment for a trivial encounter that was important to the story, or for an encounter that became trivial because of the order in which the PCs encountered it in a nonlinear adventure." https://2e.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=576

Got it thanks. They should have at least mentioned that in the encounter building section.

EDIT: That doesn't make sense. In the encounter building section Trivial threat encounters do have an XP budget, and there's nothing in that section that says not to award XP for trivial threat encounters. Whatever.

EDIT2: The extension is currently assuming all Hazards are complex when calculating XP. It should probably check hazards for the Complex trait, and if absent use the XP for simple hazards from p.508, Table 10-8.
    Last edited by darrenan; August 7th, 2022 at 19:05.

I added Hazzard support on the GM Enhancement extensions that supersedes this one. I'm not planning updating this particular extension.

Thread Information