DICE PACKS BUNDLE

URL API changes, disables functionality working since FGC?

Previously a user could have a url("file://D:\Sounds\44mag.wav") and the OS would process it with the associated app the user had configured. This no longer works.

What is the option now to do this with the recent update?
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

There is not. Direct file URLs are not allowed for security purposes.

It was pointed out that any command could be run on a client from a mod using that method; which is a security risk.

Only non file/data schemes can be used in link URLs.

Regards,
    JPG

Given local sounds are used by a few of us (if not many) and there is no native API to support sound, is it not possible to extend a prompt with a confirmation and even maybe a "yes to all" option that would allow local mp3/wav file execution?

No, based on the security risks presented to us; we will not be allowing file:// or data:// URL access. All other schemes are allowed; as they do not allow direct interaction with the local machine.

If you want to host locally, you could always set up your own local web server. (i.e. install web server, expose the files you definitely want to expose, and then use https://localhost/<file>)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    No, based on the security risks presented to us; we will not be allowing file:// or data:// URL access. All other schemes are allowed; as they do not allow direct interaction with the local machine.

If you want to host locally, you could always set up your own local web server. (i.e. install web server, expose the files you definitely want to expose, and then use https://localhost/<file>)

Regards,
    JPG
    Thank you for the additional information.

Thread Information