STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    The problem is the NPC record is built in with 0 for Hit Dice. The script ignores all other missing records but HD is required as it is used to balance the NPC back to BX (OSE). it looks like the monsters was copied over from the monster manual because that monster has no HD either. Ill code around it but add an output message so you know to check the npc.
    Perfect thanks for making it clear to me

Attachment 50798

here is what it will do from now on. Thanks
    ahahhahahahahhahahahhaha

Ill let you know when to update. I need to wait for build approval.

The problem is the NPC record is built in with 0 for Hit Dice. [...]
    Should be 1/2 HD (2hp), not quite zero. But I guess the program handles those with less than 1 HD like that
    Last edited by Zar; January 6th, 2022 at 14:00.

There is no THACO or saving throw difference between half HD creatures and 1-1 (“one minus one”) HD creatures. “1-1” is the lowest hit die value used in the 2E ruleset AFAICT.

Since the only purpose of the HD field is to map the creature to a set of values for THACO and saves, but having nothing to do with hit points in Fantasy Grounds, instead of putting in a “0” value in the HD field for anything less than a full HD it should always read “1-1”. With the hit point field used to specify a range of 1d4 hp

(Posted primarily in case a 2E converter of TSR B/X modules for FG reads the thread)

Quote Originally Posted by EOTB View Post
    There is no THACO or saving throw difference between half HD creatures and 1-1 (“one minus one”) HD creatures. “1-1” is the lowest hit die value used in the 2E ruleset AFAICT.

Since the only purpose of the HD field is to map the creature to a set of values for THACO and saves, but having nothing to do with hit points in Fantasy Grounds, instead of putting in a “0” value in the HD field for anything less than a full HD it should always read “1-1”. With the hit point field used to specify a range of 1d4 hp

(Posted primarily in case a 2E converter of TSR B/X modules for FG reads the thread)
    Hi EOTB, i just started working on converting my first ODnD and was wandering about those... thank for clarifying.

yeah I set the HD to default in the script thanks for the info.

Thread Information