DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    No, you get the full development points for adolescence skills and again for going to level 1. You don't just get the difference from the stat gains. So in your example, they would get to spend 35 DPs each time.

Haha! Sulimo was faster and more detailed than I was.
    Last edited by Dakadin; January 7th, 2022 at 21:14. Reason: Beat to it by Sulimo :)

Quote Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
    how on earth is a spell caster to gain another spell list? 4pt seems like a very small chance. ?

Each rank a Spell user assigns to the Spells Skill (which is how they learn Spell Lists), is a 5% chance to learn that list.

I'll just pick a Magician. For a Magician the Spells cost is 1/*, this means each Rank costs 1 DP, and I can spend as many as I want each level. Since each Rank is 5%, you would never want to purchase more than 20 Ranks per level to learn a list (20*5 = 100% chance).

You'll need to manually assign the Stat to the Spells Skill. Since each Realm uses a different stat, it needs to be added manually to the Skill.

In the case of a Mage, it's Empathy (Em), you can see the +10 from the stat on the Skills Tab once I changed that in the Skill.

Lets say I purchase 6 Ranks to learn Fire Law.

That would cost me 6 DPs out of whatever my total was.

If I then go to the Spells Tab and add the Mage Base Lists, Fire Law is there, I would just need to put in the Chance, which is 30% because I purchased 6 Ranks in that Spell List (6*5).

From there, if I double-click the Shadow Dice (or drag them to the chat and throw them), it will automatically calculate the total (adding my 30 for Skill Ranks, and 10 for the Empathy bonus). It will show SUCCESS or FAILURE.

In this case I succeeded. The total (Skill Ranks + Realm Stat Bonus + Roll) needs to be greater than 100 for a success.

Because of the way Spells work, this success means I now know the Fire Law list to Level 10 now, so I put 10 in the Level Field. NOTE: A spell user can only typically cast spells up to their own level.

I also clear out the chance field, as I now have the Spell List learned. If I want to learn Spells from Level 11-20, I need to start the process over. On my next Level up I could spend more points in Spells and each new Rank would give me that 5% to learn a new list, or extend a list I already know.

Spell users can only develop and attempt to learn a single spell list per level.

If I had failed, on my next level I could purchase some more Ranks to learn Fire Law, and any additional Ranks would add 5% to the already existing 30%, and I could keep doing that until I learned the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    No, you get the full development points for adolescence skills and again for going to level 1. You don't just get the difference from the stat gains. So in your example, they would get to spend 35 DPs each time.

Haha! Sulimo was faster and more detailed than I was.
    Bah: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dakadin again.

Haha! I got the same message when I tried to give reputation to you Sulimo!

so my whole deal was, where are all the DPs come from. i knew we get a few from stat gain, but i keep asking, how are people advancing levels when you are only getting 1 - 4 DPs per level increase. when a character gains level one, you spend your DPs (say 35) on your skills. the rules say, you LOSE ALL DPs after advancing a level. then when lvl 2 happens, you roll the stat gain, and get 1 - 4 DPs to spend on skills. how where you people getting MASSIVE skill gains on 1 - 4 DP?????? that was the question.

FINALLY, some one on discord properly explained the answer........your ORIGINAL DPs CARRY OVER TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!!

::angry look::

so my whole deal was, where are all the DPs come from. i knew we get a few from stat gain, but i keep asking, how are people advancing levels when you are only getting 1 - 4 DPs per level increase. when a character gains level one, you spend your DPs (say 35) on your skills. the rules say, you LOSE ALL DPs after advancing a level. then when lvl 2 happens, you roll the stat gain, and get 1 - 4 DPs to spend on skills. how where you people getting MASSIVE skill gains on 1 - 4 DP?????? that was the question.
    You get all your DPs each level as I already explained back in this post.

FINALLY, some one on discord properly explained the answer........your ORIGINAL DPs CARRY OVER TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!!

::angry look::
    Whoever said this is incorrect DPs do not carry over from one level to another. You get DPs each level based on your stats, if you do not use them, you lose them. The next level you get more DPs based on your stat, and they must be used at that time, any left over DPs DO NOT CARRY OVER.

[QUOTE=Sulimo;635040]You get all your DPs each level as I already explained back in this post.

with my dyslexia, your long posts are nearly impossible for me. i do not like having to reread all that just to make sure i have comprehended every thing. literally, some times it is like reading hebrew.

dakadin knows this. notice his short, concise answers? lol

Sulimo actually did a much better job of explaining it than I did and even got it posted faster than me with pictures. There is no way for him to know if you have dyslexia so he was just trying to make sure he covered all the steps to avoid confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Sulimo actually did a much better job of explaining it than I did and even got it posted faster than me with pictures. There is no way for him to know if you have dyslexia so he was just trying to make sure he covered all the steps to avoid confusion.
    every thing you said, i already knew. so i am curious....who you talking to? i hope not me, as you make me look stupid.

every thing you said, i already knew. so i am curious....who you talking to? i hope not me, as you make me look stupid.
    I'm a moderator on these forums.

Sulimo had gone above and beyond in their posts to provide detailed feedback to you. The Rolemaster RPG rules contain a lot of text so, without knowing you have reading issues, it's reasonable to expect a post like Sulimo's will be helpful.

Sometimes the written word can be taken in the wrong way - I'm 100% confident Dakadin was not trying to make you look stupid.

Everyone who's responded to you in this thread are community members who are spending their free time just trying to help you. Please keep this in mind when interacting on these forums. Thanks.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 12th, 2022 at 15:28.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information