STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: BRP Rome

BRP Rome

In a burst of optimism I bought the above expansion. However there's no Reference copy of the book in the module, and on opening the introduction I read "the library only contains an excerpt from BRP Rules; please refer to complete publication for the complete rules.

Does that mean "buy the pdf on Drivethru"? Or is it buried somewhere in the module? Very... strange

The BRP Rome is a setting with an extension to run BRP within that setting. The main core rulebook is what I believe it is referring to within the text in the library. This would be the product they are referring to:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...id=CHA2020aFG2
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Thanks. Does the extension involve the four scenarios or is there more (effecting the character sheet)

Not quite sure if its loaded or not

The extension changes the ruleset to provide the options the setting uses to play within the material. It should change how it functions with the data. The product I listed is just the base setup and the rules to play. It would be like buying the Savage Worlds core rulebook to understand how to play the system as a whole, but loading and using Savage Worlds Deadlands changes things within that ruleset to operate within that setting for that system.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

I do grasp that. I'm just struggling to see the differences between the Game X with and without the extension. Ill poke it a bit more

One prime example would be the skill list for a character under the BRP Rome would be different from the skill list for a BRP generic character. Just one off the top of my head.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I can see items (weapons.shields etc) but no skill set. The chat window says the extension is loaded fwiw. I have the Gamemaster/System x/Rome modules loadeds

Just a quick snip to compare

BRP Rome
    capture.png

Default (no extension)
    capture2.png

Many of the changes might be slight, but it does change the core code to fit the setting.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Can see it now

Thread Information