Fantasy Grounds Merchandise

How do I set npcs in a specific map (image)?

So I want to have the npc ready to go related to a specific map, but I don't want them added to the combat tracker because the combat hasn't started. Is there a way I can do this? So basically I just want to be able customize the npc, leave them on the map and then drag them into the combat tracker when combat starts. Is this possible? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by alloowishus View Post
    So I want to have the npc ready to go related to a specific map, but I don't want them added to the combat tracker because the combat hasn't started. Is there a way I can do this? So basically I just want to be able customize the npc, leave them on the map and then drag them into the combat tracker when combat starts. Is this possible? Thanks.
    The answer will depend on the ruleset you are running. Can you share that info?
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

See Preparing Encounters in the Wiki User Guide here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...dom+Encounters

And you're better posting questions like this in the sub-forum for the RPG system you're interested in. The House of Healing forum is primarily for technical issues running FGU.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Encounters! Got it, thank you.

Only problem I am having now is that I can't seem to change the stats in the Encounters screen, it is locked in read only. I can change it in the combat encounter screen but when I delete it then it reverts back. I am using Rolemaster Classic.

Ok I figured it out, you have to create a custom NPC group, drag it into there then edit it.

Quote Originally Posted by alloowishus View Post
    Only problem I am having now is that I can't seem to change the stats in the Encounters screen, it is locked in read only. I can change it in the combat encounter screen but when I delete it then it reverts back. I am using Rolemaster Classic.
    If you are referring to a specific encounter in RMC, you can copy it (or anything else really) by Dragging/dropping it back to the window it is listed in (in this case Encounters).

You can then unlock the copy and modify it.

The Copy will not have the tag at the right side to show where it comes from.

Encounters have links to the base NPC record, they don't contain a copy of the base creature. If you want to change the stats in the encounter then create a copy of the creature before adding it to the encounter.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information