Fantasy Grounds Merchandise
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

LFP for D&D 5e for KPs Midgard

FG License: FGU - I have Ultimate License
    Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: EST
    Day of week and time: Thursday nights, 7:00-10:00 pm (EST)
    If new game, planned start date: Open to discussion
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Every week
    Term: Ongoing. This will be a long-term campaign

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: Depends on what you murder hobos like to do
    Number of Players in game & needed: Five
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 1 w/ background starting equipment.
    Character restrictions: Anything in the Midgard Heroes Handbook and, when it doesn’t conflict with the above, the core WotC 5e rule books. But … no more than three distinct races in the party.

So let’s jump into the dark, gritty, yet glorious world of Midgard, as published by Kobold Press. There are so many compelling campaigns that one might launch here, I’m left conflicted! So you (collectively) get to make your own adventure. Here are your choices:

1. We start in the Wasted West and, after one mind-blowing campaign start, you get the sandbox.

2. We start in Zobeck (the crossroads of Midgard), and move from gritty urban adventure to gritty urban adventure. While you will have ample opportunity to direct the campaign in whatever direction you like, if you leave things on autopilot and passively follow my leads, you’ll likely find yourselves in the courts of the shadow-fey.

3. We start (again) in Zobeck, but in this case, you’re signing-on to a campaign arc; a dark and bloody fight against the empire of the ghouls!

The party gets to vote. I’m looking for experienced players who are solid with FGU. You’re getting an experienced DM who is still on an FGU learning curve.
    Last edited by Jerry Taylor; December 21st, 2021 at 06:16.

Sounds awesome! Big fan of KP. I'm a Patreon member and have physical and FG copies of the Midgard Heroes' Handbook and the Margreve Player's Guide. I've been playing D&D for over 30 years and using FG for several. Options 1 and 3 both sound quite good and I'm willing to play most anything the party needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Phithis View Post
    Sounds awesome! Big fan of KP. I'm a Patreon member and have physical and FG copies of the Midgard Heroes' Handbook and the Margreve Player's Guide. I've been playing D&D for over 30 years and using FG for several. Options 1 and 3 both sound quite good and I'm willing to play most anything the party needs.
    Excellent. Youre in! Four more to go.

So how do you feel about a Margreve campaign? I have that source material as well, but am unsure.

... this looks quite interesting... I haven't delved into this world-source supplement but as long as you're familiar with it, it'll be a journey of discovery for the rest of us!! Therefore, of the options to start, I'll go with whatever is the consensus... adventure is adventure! )

I'm in the Caribbean, so right now I'm an hour ahead of EST (we don't do daylight savings time).

I've played and DM'd for... a long time. I played 5e for a period when it came out but have been void of TT games for way too long now and have been refreshing myself with the details. I have an ultimate license on FGU so no worries there, easy-peasy. (been planning to put together a campaign as some point, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.)

I see Midgard online, so I could get Midgard Heroes handbook you linked to research, and put a character together. I do see the Margreve player's guide that Phithis mentioned. There also seems to be an expansion in FGU with Midgard Heroes with some add'l options?

In any case, I'd be very interested, have evenings free, and certainly interested in a game with some committed players.

I have used Discord on occasion... I'm "kahu#3205"...

Would we need to connect to your FGU session in order to draft up characters from the the source materials you're sharing or I could do it 'offline' if I had the books mentioned above loaded on my end? I'm kind of assuming we won't need the Worldbook, since you'll be telling us what we need to know relating to the big picture? I'm not independently wealthy but i don't mind purchasing materials so I can read and research as much as I can. 8^)
    Last edited by Kahu; December 21st, 2021 at 12:45. Reason: adding content

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Taylor View Post
    So how do you feel about a Margreve campaign? I have that source material as well, but am unsure.
    I really like it. Absolutely love the bearfolk and may definitely play one, but no reason Margreve characters wouldn't fit in with your original three options. I've heard good things about the undead campaign especially.

I build them offline and import them quite a bit, but you can do it on the dm's server and use their books just as easily.

… Do we want to discuss this here or in discord channel or what? Do you have any prefs so far for race/class/etc., or anything to stay away from??? I know Phithis is interested in Wasted West or Ghouls… what helps us? 8^)

So looking that over and I am interested. Been playing D&D on and off since the 70s and familiar with FGU but no expert. I am thinking Dhampir Rogue with Dhampir of Morgau background and I like option 3 then 2 as campaign ideas. I am person who like a mix of roleplaying and combat and overall a team player interested in have a good time and telling group story.

I see Schattendieb Von Dunkleseele (his friends call him Dieb ) as a charming rogue, pretty much a young rake.

If needed, could play any role, if a Rogue will not fit into the party.

Well, I would want to play a fighter/bard multi using sword-dancer for the fighter sub-class eventually adding bard (unsure of sub-class there yet). Could easily build to be a frontliner or striker. Not sure on race. Maybe a harengon if allowed?

Thread Information