DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Combat Effects Inconsistent on Load?

I hesitate to make an official bug report on this because a) it's inconsistent and b) it's possible I'm doing something wrong, but I am having an occasional issue with character effects in the combat tab, when the campaign is first loaded, showing "On" but not really being on, so I have to toggle them to off and then back on again before they work. I first noticed this with sneak attack not applying until I turned it off and back on again, but I've seen it happen with lights too; presumably other things but it's harder to notice.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If you toggle the CT button (in the PC sheet combat tab for players, in the CT for the GM) does the effect show in the combat tracker (for the player if the PC sheet combat tab CT button is used, or the GM if the "CT" button in the combat tracker is used?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I will test that next time I have game and let you know; unfortunately that won't be until next Saturday. I might be able to get one of my players to help me test it before then.

I have had the same issue in my most recent game (last Saturday). It was toggled on in the Character Sheet effects from a prior session, but it didn't show up in the Combat Tracker. It was inconsistent --- some showed up in the CT and others didn't. We had to toggle off/on the effects from the Character Sheet to have it work properly.

Quote Originally Posted by mwfantasygrounds View Post
    I have had the same issue in my most recent game (last Saturday). It was toggled on in the Character Sheet effects from a prior session, but it didn't show up in the Combat Tracker. It was inconsistent --- some showed up in the CT and others didn't. We had to toggle off/on the effects from the Character Sheet to have it work properly.
    If it happens again, please get a screenshot of the character sheet Combat tab and Combat Tracker before turning the effect off/on.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This seems similar to the issue I've stumbled upon in September.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...G_CT_issue.mp4

Here you can see the Panache and Evasion effects that should be on Benjamin get added on Julio, while Julio's effects are just gone.

A similar (and inconsistent) effect also happened when just starting the campaign sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    This seems similar to the issue I've stumbled upon in September.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachm...G_CT_issue.mp4

Here you can see the Panache and Evasion effects that should be on Benjamin get added on Julio, while Julio's effects are just gone.

A similar (and inconsistent) effect also happened when just starting the campaign sometimes.
    A fix for the specific issue you reported to me in Discord was fixed in the ruleset release on October 5th - see the City Hall release notes for that week: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tober-5th-2021

Are you saying it's still happening since that fix? If so, when it happens, please take screenshots of the PC combat tab and the combat tracker with effects shown - also, if possible, provide a copy of the campaign db.xml file. Thanks.

I'm on holidays atm so I don't have my own campaigns with me. I didn't really notice the issue still happening / happening again, I just thought it sounded somewhat similar. Sorry for the confusion. But if I spot anything similar in one of my games in the future, I'll definitely let you know.

I managed to catch the issue happening, with pictures.
    CombatEffectIssue1.png
    CombatEffectIssue2.png
    CombatEffectIssue3.png
    Note the "reduce negative damage by 1" in Kate's combat tracker where the light effect should be. That effect belongs to a different character owned by the same player.

I've had this too, one of my players is a forge dwarf barbarian and more often than not upon session start his fire resistance from ancestry is marked as On within his character sheet but doesn't get picked up, we notice mostly as the alchemist can be a bit generous with her splash effects. Also happens with his Juggernaut effect as well not applying the bonus to the degree of success on his Fortitude save. All the rest of his effects, of which there are many on a lvl 14 barbarian seem to work just fine.

Thread Information