Fantasy Grounds Merchandise

PC Tags for NPC's

Are there plans on giving -ABILITY +ABILITY to NPC's?

Ex:

ATK: [-STR]

OR other PC Tags for NPC's

This is ruleset specific. Which ruleset are you referring to?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

In general ability tags are only available for PCs because the base ability score could change as the PC levels up. For NPCs the ability bonus is usually static, so it can be hard coded into effect actions.

What's your use case for requiring this in NPCs?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    In general ability tags are only available for PCs because the base ability score could change as the PC levels up. For NPCs the ability bonus is usually static, so it can be hard coded into effect actions.

What's your use case for requiring this in NPCs?
    I wanted to incorporate another level of damaging to an opponent.
    Or adding a bonus to an ability score for an allied npc.
    Last edited by Jaegar; December 20th, 2021 at 23:34.

It would make it easier to add an effect than to manually have to change the abilities each time I wanted that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegar View Post
    It would make it easier to add an effect than to manually have to change the abilities each time I wanted that effect.
    You are correct and feedback like this is a great suggestion for future expansion of the effects coding. Please setup a suggestion on our idea informer to help track the community requests. A link should be in my signature.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thanks for the quick response.
    I will place this in the idea informer.

Thread Information