STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Whilst there are different Line of Sight types there is only one wall type, so not sure what exactly your player is talking about without further information.
    If you use the Object sight blockers, the players can look "into" the walls. The "best" albeit most labor-intensive way to do it is the way I described in my post above: have an inner layer of regular walls as far in as you want your players to see and have an outer layer of object blockers at the border of the walls on the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    If you use the Object sight blockers, the players can look "into" the walls. The "best" albeit most labor-intensive way to do it is the way I described in my post above: have an inner layer of regular walls as far in as you want your players to see and have an outer layer of object blockers at the border of the walls on the map.
    I did read your original post and didn't really understand what you meant and I still don't. In the most recent couple of modules that I have done I have drawn the wall occluders in such a way that they are set back from the edge of the walls so that a part of the wall was showing rather than have the occluders right up against the wall boundry (which is more correct really since you can't see into a wall - but I get that you want to see the wall rather than just have it black). I did this because of posts like that started by the OP and because I wanted to see if there was any reaction from users like, "hey sort the walls my players can see them" or "hey this is great". However so far there's been no reaction at all.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

In the most recent couple of modules that I have done I have drawn the wall occluders in such a way that they are set back from the edge of the walls so that a part of the wall was showing rather than have the occluders right up against the wall boundry (which is more correct really since you can't see into a wall - but I get that you want to see the wall rather than just have it black). I did this because of posts like that started by the OP and because I wanted to see if there was any reaction from users like, "hey sort the walls my players can see them" or "hey this is great".
    Hey, this is great!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by trenloe View Post
    hey, this is great!
    lol
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yeah, I guess I just kept doing things the way we were originally showed in the tutorial video back when the occluders were a new thing.

That being said, I totally agree. I personally like more wall. It just didn't dawn on me to just change the way I did things.

Therefore, I will be doing it more this way starting with my next project (Strength of Thousands AP 5).

Also, I did fix Strength of Thousands AP 1 and checked it back in. It will go live Tuesday after tomorrow (1/11/2022).

I will go back and fix occluders for the old modules but it will take me a while. I can only work on 1-3 modules per week as doing too much occluder work makes me go crazy (and makes my eyes blurry).

-Danny
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

I did read your original post and didn't really understand what you meant and I still don't.
    This should hopefully illustrate my method: object_blockers.jpg

Red lines are regular wall occluders, green lines are object occluders. This way players can't look around corners where they shouldn't be able to but they can still see "into" the wall to see the texture. Again, it requires much more work to set up properly, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Montis; January 4th, 2022 at 08:14.

Ninja'ed
    Last edited by Farnaby; January 4th, 2022 at 09:13.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    This should hopefully illustrate my method: object_blockers.jpg

Red lines are regular wall occluders, green lines are object occluders. This way players can't look around corners where they shouldn't be able to but they can still see "into" the wall to see the texture. Again, it requires much more work to set up properly, unfortunately.
    Right, I see. And I agree too much work for no real return really.

I did read your original post and didn't really understand what you meant and I still don't. In the most recent couple of modules that I have done I have drawn the wall occluders in such a way that they are set back from the edge of the walls so that a part of the wall was showing rather than have the occluders right up against the wall boundry (which is more correct really since you can't see into a wall - but I get that you want to see the wall rather than just have it black). I did this because of posts like that started by the OP and because I wanted to see if there was any reaction from users like, "hey sort the walls my players can see them" or "hey this is great". However so far there's been no reaction at all.
    What modules are those? I probably haven't purchased them yet.

But anyway, Hey, this is great!
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    Yeah, I guess I just kept doing things the way we were originally showed in the tutorial video back when the occluders were a new thing.

That being said, I totally agree. I personally like more wall. It just didn't dawn on me to just change the way I did things.

Therefore, I will be doing it more this way starting with my next project (Strength of Thousands AP 5).

Also, I did fix Strength of Thousands AP 1 and checked it back in. It will go live Tuesday after tomorrow (1/11/2022).

I will go back and fix occluders for the old modules but it will take me a while. I can only work on 1-3 modules per week as doing too much occluder work makes me go crazy (and makes my eyes blurry).

-Danny

Brilliant, thanks very much.
    I'm glad you think the same way as me.
    I'm going to run Strength of Thousands in February so this is good news.
    I'm also running AP1 of the Extinction Curse and I would be glad to export my LOS adjustments and send them to you if it would save your eyesight.

Thread Information