STAR TREK 2d20

Combat Tracker MA button problem

I was having a problem this past Friday while running my PF2E game. It seems the combat tracker MA#2 & MA#3 buttons are throwing errors and not actually modifying attacks as they should be. I initially thought maybe it was one of the loaded extensions or something causing the problems but if I start a vanilla session with just the core rule book loaded it FGU still trows the errors. I have uploaded the "compiles logs" for reference.

For quicker reference:
    Code:
    [12/19/2021 10:31:01 AM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/button_modifierkey.lua"]:20: attempt to index field 'modifierkeys' (a nil value)
    [12/19/2021 10:31:01 AM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/button_modifierkey.lua"]:20: attempt to index field 'modifierkeys' (a nil value)
    [12/19/2021 10:31:01 AM] [ERROR]  Script execution error: [string "combattracker_host"]:11: attempt to index field 'modifierkeys' (a nil value)
    [12/19/2021 10:31:01 AM] [ERROR]  Handler error: [string "combattracker_host"]:11: attempt to index field 'modifierkeys' (a nil value)
    I don't know if this is a CoreRPG issue or an issue with the PF2E ruleset. I did look around in the "House of Healing - Unity forum and did not see anyone reporting this. Regardless, I hope it is fixed before my next session.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm not seeing this when I load my test Pathfinder 2 campaign.

This is probably caused by one of the 13 extensions that are being loaded for your campaign. You'll need to figure out which extension is causing the issue; let the extension developer know; and disable until they fix it.

Regards,
    JPG

Do you have an unpacked ruleset in your rulesets folder? If so delete it. If not delete the PFRPG2.pak and CoreRPK.pak files and do an update.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As Zacchaeus mentions - check the PFRPG2 ruleset. You have a three month old version (PF2 release 18k) you should be on 18n.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

MW: I had tried this with a newly created vanilla campaign and had the same issue.

Z: I did have an unpacked ruleset and that was apparently causing the problem. Why would FGU look in that folder?

Thank you.

FG will use an unpacked ruleset over a packed one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    Why would FGU look in that folder?
    This has been Fantasy Grounds functionality for years (way before I first started using FG). Ruleset .pak files, module .mod files and extension .ext files will all be overridden by directories of the same name.

Precedence is described for each data file type in the Wiki here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Files+Overview
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information