5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    If you still need an extra player, I am now available. My timezone is GMT +0, and my discord handle is Nihthawk [UTC + 0]#8684. My preferred game frequency would be every 2 weeks, as I sometimes play other games on a Saturday.

Hey Nihthawk, I will take all players assuming some might not show up. I was thinking of starting January 8th, probably have two sessions the first day, one for the players new to Rolemaster and one for those already familiar.

So we have 3 time zones, GMT-8, GMT-5 and GMT+0. So if I have 2 sessions at 2pm and 4pm EST, that should cover everybody I would think.

Great, thanks. I will probably attend the first session as a refresher, as I haven't played Rolemaster for about 2 years.

I am definitely up for joining if there is still room.
    I am in: GMT -5 Eastern Standard Time USA, Florida

I think I will max the party at around 5 or 6. Right now I have 2 of my friends (one in Canada one in UK) + Nod, Domestic Engineer,Deer_buster and possibly Nihthawk

Depending on who shows up if there are any openings, I will contact Firebourne and Wizzarin and Glacius.

Hope that works for people, thanks for the interest!

Discord name: Nod (UTC -7)#1002. i'm in Oregon so timezone is UTC-7

Quote Originally Posted by alloowishus View Post
    Ok cool, just need another player. If anyone knows of someone else who be interested in playing, please send them the link to this thread.

Nod, when you say you you built a MERP ruleset, do you mean you have a ruleset that is basically the same as the old MERP (i.e. a simplified version of Rolemaster?). I prefer the Rolemaster classic ruleset. I use MERP mainly for it's world building and because I am familiar with the LOTR books. One variation I would like to introduce is that monster crits are maximum C (A-B=A, B-C=D,E=C). Not sure if this is possible with FG. I will start brushing up and get back soon. Thanks guys!

BTW, do saturday evenings work for people?
    Yes, i took the RM ruleset and added the MERP classes, races, spells, etc in place of the standard RM versions. it's just a stripped-down version of the RM rules. the biggest problem of course is the attributes/stats. I've played a lot of MERP with just the RM rules and it works great without the specific MERP ruleset as well. You still need the RM ruleset to run my Mod, but works best with the books unloaded, just the SRD.
    Last edited by Nod; December 24th, 2021 at 06:04.

Quote Originally Posted by alloowishus View Post
    Hey Wizzarin, Rolemaster is MUCH more complicated than D&D. The good part is that FGU does a pretty good job taking care of a lot of the paper work. There are many more classes (called professions) and the combat system is more intricate and detailed. Some people like it, some don't, so just making sure that appeals to you.
    I don't have any of the books for Rolemaster, but on the good news with FG the GM can share what books that are going to be used. So I recommend, BEFORE the actual game day, you set up a weekend or two opening up the game (with password) that is just focus on building the characters and getting them all approved by you. This will also allow for players like myself time to get to know the content of the books. I'm still not sure you want me to play so let me know. Since I'm really new to Rolemaster, I would understand if you don't want me to play. I'm ok with either way.

Side note: If you are having troubles with lag or sending info to the players. I found sending the game to cloud really works well. Being out in the county my computer has a slow upload problem, but when I sent the game to the cloud it fixed the problem.
    Last edited by Wizzarin; December 25th, 2021 at 20:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzarin View Post
    I don't have any of the books for Rolemaster, but on the good news with FG the GM can share what books that are going to be used. So I recommend, BEFORE the actual game day, you set up a weekend or two opening up the game (with password) that is just focus on building the characters and getting them all approved by you. This will also allow for players like myself time to get to know the content of the books. I'm still not sure you want me to play so let me know. Since I'm really new to Rolemaster, I would understand if you don't want me to play. I'm ok with either way.

Side note: If you are having troubles with lag or sending info to the players. I found sending the game to cloud really works well. Being out in the county my computer has a slow upload problem, but when I sent the game to the cloud it fixed the problem.
    If you have a look on DriveThruRPG they have the RMC books (Character Law, Arms Law, Spell Law). They don't cost that much, I have just finished reading Character Law to reacquaint myself with the system. Here is the link if you are interested https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse....t=&pfrom=&pto=.

that'd be too early in the day for me, unfortunately....which really sucks because I'd love to get back to RM/MERP
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Thread Information