5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Documentation for 5e Character Builder rules

I am developing 5e compatible content and as preparation I explored in details how the Core PHB races/classes/backgrounds are created in order to connect with the builder automation. Now, with all content ready I noticed that majority of the custom content does not work, even though I am following the convention that I think is right for the builder string parting automation to work.

I can't figure out all rules by reading the Lua code, therefore - is there documentation that states what are the ground rules for content developer to properly prepare the content, when the publisher isn't following exactly WoTC notation?
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Character Wizard? No documentation for it yet (other than what is in the Wiki). I assume that is because it's still considered Beta and is undergoing active development. Plus it's undergoing major changes right now. You can read the more recent posts in the Character Wizard Bugs thread to hear the developer talk about changes coming to it around custom content.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes, Character Wizard.
    Since it is available in LIVE channel I thought it is already "production". It works like a charm with almost all default classes.

It is still good thing to have documentation, even if it is WiP to help people like me. Trial and error is not good from time perspective.

It seems it wasn't only https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...preted-strings
    Looking at update timestamp, still maintained.
    Last edited by Valyar; December 15th, 2021 at 14:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    It seems it wasn't only https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...preted-strings
    Looking at update timestamp, still maintained.
    Please reach out to me as we can discuss this if it's related to commercial content. I am the dev working redesign of the Character Wizard.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information