DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: theme

Blog Entries

theme

So in a couple of tutorial videos there is a theme that has a blue background with hexes. What is the source for that?

It comes in the base Mongoose Traveller 2nd Edition ruleset that you can use in Fantasy Grounds Unity. Or at the very least the rulebook.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynycal View Post
    It comes in the base Mongoose Traveller 2nd Edition ruleset that you can use in Fantasy Grounds Unity. Or at the very least the rulebook.
    Thank you. One of my players is running the game. He is learning Fantasy Grounds on the GM side. There is some struggling going on among us with the newness of it all. I really don't want to press him anymore than is already on him. And what importance really is the background, really? Still I want to understand.

He only has the Core rules loaded. When I had him look in the extensions all that could be seen were two themes: Light/Dark. Can you or anyone tell me what the file is labeled and confirm it is located in the extensions, please?

Quote Originally Posted by mhorgunn View Post
    Thank you. One of my players is running the game. He is learning Fantasy Grounds on the GM side. There is some struggling going on among us with the newness of it all. I really don't want to press him anymore than is already on him. And what importance really is the background, really? Still I want to understand.

He only has the Core rules loaded. When I had him look in the extensions all that could be seen were two themes: Light/Dark. Can you or anyone tell me what the file is labeled and confirm it is located in the extensions, please?
    Light/Dark is a choice for CoreRPG and might affect DnD (not tried) it. Doubt it''ll work with Traveller but might (as again not tried it).

There's a new theme coming in 2022 for Traveller alongside the new updated Core Rulebook.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Light/Dark is a choice for CoreRPG and might affect DnD (not tried) it. Doubt it''ll work with Traveller but might (as again not tried it).

There's a new theme coming in 2022 for Traveller alongside the new updated Core Rulebook.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Thank you for your reply. Will check with my Buddy tonight. My turn tonight to DM. Can you tell me where/the name of the appropriate theme file?

Quote Originally Posted by mhorgunn View Post
    Thank you for your reply. Will check with my Buddy tonight. My turn tonight to DM. Can you tell me where/the name of the appropriate theme file?
    There is no theme file for the Traveller theme, it's built directly into the ruleset.

But you can build your own themes and then override built-in themes. It's fairly easy to do (once you've done it), requires a bit of scripting.

Sorry I can't be more help, time is limited for me and I'm trying to get a few products finished and the ruleset updated for the big CoreRPG update coming.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I'm late to the convo but to chime in quick... do not select a theme from the launcher. You will then get the cool theme MBM cooked into the ruleset.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GregRex View Post
    I'm late to the convo but to chime in quick... do not select a theme from the launcher. You will then get the cool theme MBM cooked into the ruleset.
    Thanks!!! This was what I was looking for. Thanks for the great tutorials too!

Of course, glad to help!

Thread Information