5E Character Create Playlist

5e effect coding weapons for dual wielder.

I have a case where a player is swinging a sharp blade in one hand, and a wounding sword in the other. Is there a way to code it so the +14 damage on critical from the sharp blade, doesn't trigger on a critical from the other blade? The wounding blade is actually a piercing weapon. Can damage types be used as restrictions on effects, so that if the sharp blade is written 'DMG: 14 slashing, critical", it wouldn't be triggered by a weapon with a piercing damage type?
    Also
    is there a way to get the wounding effect to apply to the target automatically on a hit, or must it be dragged onto the target each time a hit is scored?

The easier solution would be to use Celestian's "Advanced Effects" extension. That extension allows you to add effects that can apply to only one specific weapon. So you could add the critical damage effect using it, select the "action only" tab in the weapon's effect page, and you should be good to go. The "action only" part ensures the specified effect only triggers when that weapon is used for an attack/action, not another weapon. I used this same method for a similar weapon effect that did 3D6 necrotic damage on a crit.

Here is the link to the forge page for this free extension: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/68/view

I can't recommend the extension enough.

You can use Celestian's extension as recommended above or simply add a new weapon line with the extra critical damage built into it and the player can use that line if they score a critical hit rather than the normal one.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

@Dudin
    Thanks man, I'll check that out.
    @Zaccaeus
    Yes, I put another weapon in to do that, but gonna try that extension Dudin and you mentioned

Went to the linked page to download the advanced effects extension. Clicked "Free" and the screen flashed, and that changed to "owned", but nothing downloaded. What am I missing?

Thread Information