Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

combat tracker visibility options?

When i was reading the wiki i noticed this line "Visibility Toggle: An open eye or shuttered eye icon is used to denote whether an NPC actor entry is visible to players. Clicking on the icon will toggle the visibility of the actor in the player CT. If a token is linked to this CT actor, then the visibility of the token will be toggled as well (between mask-sensitive and always invisible, respectively)."
    and this line under the tokens wiki page
    "For CT-linked tokens, PC token visibility defaults to always visible, and NPC token visibility can be toggled through the GM combat tracker between always invisible and mask-sensitive visibility. For other tokens, the default visibility is mask-sensitive."

However when I'm in fantasy grounds when i click on the eye it only toggles through visible and invisible and my tokens seem to be default to "always invisible"
    i know i can manually set to mask-sensitive

tl;dr
    Is there way to actually use the combat tracker to set the tokens to mask-sensitive so I don't have to do it manually?
    the wiki says there is, but doesn't seem to work in fantasy grounds

side note, Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place

Blog Entries
    No, mask visible is only available via the token itself. And note that the visibility controlled by the token 9right click on the token) is (I believe) only effective for the token visibility, not the entry on the CT. Whereas the CT visibility affects both the token and the CT entry.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    No, mask visible is only available via the token itself. And note that the visibility controlled by the token 9right click on the token) is (I believe) only effective for the token visibility, not the entry on the CT. Whereas the CT visibility affects both the token and the CT entry.
    Yes that is what happens and thus my problem, i have a horde of monsters that i don't want visible in the ct, but want them show in the party line of sight, but setting for each token takes forever

The wiki is correct.

When you place an NPC onto the CT then it is invisible to the players on the CT. When you then place that token on the map then it is also invisible to the players tokens on the map - even if the player token has line of sight to the NPC token (I'm assuming you are using Unity here - you don't say in your post). When you then make the NPC visible on the CT it also becomes visible on the map again if the player token has line of sight and the player token has a light source that goes far enough to 'see' the NPC token. The NPC token is at this stage 'mask sensitive'. This means that it will only be visible if the player token can see the NPC token. The images below illustrate this. In the first one the Chicken is visible on the CT but Bob can't see it because it isn't in his line of sight. In the second Bob has stepped forward and the Chicken is now visible to him because there's nothing blocking his sight and he has darkvision out far enough that the Chicken in in the sight radius.

In the third image the DM has applied a global mask to the map and then revealed a small area with both Bob and the Chicken inside it. Bob can still see the chicken because it's in a revealed area of the mask, he has a light source and he has line of sight. The final image shows that the chicken has moved out of the revealed area and because the token is mask sensitive Bob can no longer see it even though he still has line of sight and it would still be in his light radius. The token is invisible because it's under the mask (that is it's mask sensitive).

Unless you are talking about something completely different to the above.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    What you could do there is place 2 or 3 very large monster tokens on the map to represent the horde.
    Break the actual horde into encounters of maybe 12 monsters max and only load one into CT at a time. As the players have defeated half or more of the first horde the second horde is added to the CT.

Yes i am using Fg unity, in this pictures
    i want rayme to see the armor without it being the combat tracker for the players, which i did by setting it the token to visible to mask outside of the combat trackers
    according to the wiki i should be able to toggle this through the combat tracker
    For CT-linked tokens, PC token visibility defaults to always visible, and NPC token visibility can be toggled through the GM combat tracker between always invisible and mask-sensitive visibility. For other tokens, the default visibility is mask-sensitive.
    However i can toggle between visibility and invisible unless i change the token on the map as shown in the images below
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    What you could do there is place 2 or 3 very large monster tokens on the map to represent the horde.
    Break the actual horde into encounters of maybe 12 monsters max and only load one into CT at a time. As the players have defeated half or more of the first horde the second horde is added to the CT.
    I might have to do this, but i was just hoping i was missing something since the wiki says i can toggle the sensitive

Quote Originally Posted by Dogaim View Post
    Yes that is what happens and thus my problem, i have a horde of monsters that i don't want visible in the ct, but want them show in the party line of sight, but setting for each token takes forever
    FGU can't do what you want. I don't like my players seeing in their CT's critters that LOS does not show them. But if you want LOS to control what they see then they will see it in CT as that is how FGU works.

Only an extension can solve this for you. Write it yourself or get one that does it. Keeping in mind at all times - EXTENSIONS = RISK!
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by Dogaim View Post
    Yes i am using Fg unity, in this pictures
    i want rayme to see the armor without it being the combat tracker for the players, which i did by setting it the token to visible to mask outside of the combat trackers
    according to the wiki i should be able to toggle this through the combat tracker
    However i can toggle between visibility and invisible unless i change the token on the map as shown in the images below
    Mask sensitivity has nothing to do with the visibility on the CT. All it means is whether the token is visible on the map when it can be seen by a player token. So the wiki is correct, when you make the token visible on the CT it becomes mask sensitive on the map.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

There are two extension that will solve your problem

Always Sensitive Visibility https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/364/view or Combat Groups https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...read.php?64103

The first is free and works with Core based Rulesets while Combat Groups was mad for 5e D&D and is fully featured but cost money.

I use "Always Sensitive" with Starfinder and Combat Groups with my 5e campaign. My players can't see my NPCs on their CT when I use one of these extensions.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Thread Information