STAR TREK 2d20

Can we use info that is GFDL in content and share it openly?

So I think I am going to make a Wheel of Time info module and I am thinking about using info off of the fandom wiki and it falls under the GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL). Can I share this on the forge?

Blog Entries
    So... it looks like the material there on that site is actually covered by

Wikis Using the CC BY-SA license

To grow the commons of free knowledge and free culture, all users editing or otherwise contributing to wikis that use the CC BY-SA license agree to grant broad permissions to the general public to re-distribute and re-use their contributions freely for any purpose, including commercial use, in accordance with the CC BY-SA license. Such use is allowed where attribution is given and the same freedom to re-use and re-distribute applies to any derivative works of the contributions.

---
    However a lot of the content on that site is actually copyright material belong to Robert Jordan (or his estate) or his publisher.

If the material is truly original work not by Robert Jordan and you abide by the terms of the CC BY-SA license then I think you would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    So... it looks like the material there on that site is actually covered by

Wikis Using the CC BY-SA license

To grow the commons of free knowledge and free culture, all users editing or otherwise contributing to wikis that use the CC BY-SA license agree to grant broad permissions to the general public to re-distribute and re-use their contributions freely for any purpose, including commercial use, in accordance with the CC BY-SA license. Such use is allowed where attribution is given and the same freedom to re-use and re-distribute applies to any derivative works of the contributions.

---
    However a lot of the content on that site is actually copyright material belong to Robert Jordan (or his estate) or his publisher.

If the material is truly original work not by Robert Jordan and you abide by the terms of the CC BY-SA license then I think you would be fine.
    Ya I haven’t seen any info on there that isn’t part of Robert Jorden’s work.

Thread Information