DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Legend of the 5 Rings

"typing all i did
    changing what i saw
    finished now it seems"

With this very bad Haiku i offer you all the small L5R ruleset/chari-sheet i made. It has a L5R theme, working character and npc sheet, a simple combat tracker and working exploding d10.
    I also added 2 modules: some L5R Basics about the Clans and the families and an index of the Creatures of Rokugan book; a starter adventure (the Topaz Championship). Also added some simple japanese tokens and some portraits which fit the theme. ok thats all . hope you like it.
    Fuleng

new link
    Last edited by fuleng; January 15th, 2010 at 20:03.

Wow!

Thanks a lot for this.... Fuleng! (never tought I'd say that one day... Fuleng and all).
    I think it's perfect!
    The main thing about a ruleset are the character sheets and going trough the process of placing the scores to keep the feel of the original.
    I'll probably mod this and if I do I'll make it availlable to you, if you want that is.

As for the Haiku...
    A haiku is suppsed to be:
    5 syllables, but great effort

Thanks again and be sure that your work will not go to waste and will be appreciated!
    Always keep it in perspective!

Thank you very much! That looks awesome. I'm glad you were able to share your hard work.

Review Time

Graphics : 7/10
    The graphics are clear and crisp, at times there are a few nits to pick. Like the black line on the chatwindow that partially obscures the first pixel of the fonts. But it works and sets the mood quite nicely. The nit is more than weighted up by the nice ligh-settings icons that are really moody and thematic.

Scripting : 8/10
    There is little scripting on the character-sheet, but that is not necesarily a bad thing. I *DO* however like the combat tracker that divides PCs from the NPCs, it makes things easier to track. The personalities work nicely and perhaps the one little nit to pick here is on the items sheet where the first line of text partially overlaps the heading.

System... Well, I can't really grade the system since I have never played L5R, but it does seem like fun. (Hey, it is skillbased, how can it be anything but fun? ... don't answer that. We do not REMEMBER those games, we do NOT. )

Overall, if you want to play the game, it is a notch up from pen and paper and quite a few notches up over AIM.
    I'd love to see how it all handles in the heat of gaming.
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Hm... Any chance anyone is running L5R with FG? That's one of the systems I want to play. Let me know if you have free slots in a L5R campaign.
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

If I had the time, you'd have a game tommorrow
    Unfortunatly, I have none...
    But hey, I have a game that may be dying... so if that's the case, I'll probably make an L5R one!!!
    Always keep it in perspective!

I haven't had a chance to take a peek at your creation, but I wanted to thank you for sharing your creation. Well done!

Later.
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

I hate to rain on eveyone's parade here, especially since I too am an L5R fan, but you can't post this content for download. It is a copyright violation. Please take the link down. If you want to share this off the boards that's fine, but don't post this link publically.

Sorry guys ...

Quote Originally Posted by Thore_Ironrock
    I hate to rain on eveyone's parade here, especially since I too am an L5R fan, but you can't post this content for download. It is a copyright violation. Please take the link down. If you want to share this off the boards that's fine, but don't post this link publically.

Sorry guys ...
    Why.......?

Quote Originally Posted by Ged
    Therefore, I suggest that in the future if the discussion on some topic inspires some views on copyright or other legal issues, consider creating another thread and link to that from the original thread just dropping a short message such as "As indicated here [url], I think you should not distribute the token pack publicly" so that both discussions can go on in parallel.
    Just a reminder on board etiquette as set out by Ged for these kinds of discussions.

Later.
    Ram

If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. -- Confucius

Thread Information