DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Request improvement to community development release timeframe

Really have no idea where to raise this so if a mod needs to move this feel free.

Right now I'm experiencing a wait time of 3 - 5 months between the time I complete the work on a module conversion and the time it is released on the FG store / steam. This seems a wee bit excessive.

My question to SW, can this be reduced?

Thanks,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    Really have no idea where to raise this so if a mod needs to move this feel free.

Right now I'm experiencing a wait time of 3 - 5 months between the time I complete the work on a module conversion and the time it is released on the FG store / steam. This seems a wee bit excessive.

My question to SW, can this be reduced?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Thats does seem very excessive. I've noticed the delays in content releases as well. I've 4 items I've submitted and it's been 2-3 months for some and none of them have been released as of yet.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

@jharp - address this with SmiteWorks directly. Your development contact (usually James) as a matter of course to see why things are taking that long, and if you don't get a satisfactory response then go to the president of SmiteWorks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm certain they will see this post. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    I'm certain they will see this post. Thanks.
    I don't think James, the main FG DLC production coordinator, checks the forums to any great detail. It all depends on your end goal. If you want a direct answer to your questions from SmiteWorks then I suggest you engage SmiteWorks directly. If you want a public discussion where anyone can comment, but the relevent people in SmiteWorks may miss, then post on the forums.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

ok. Thanks. I'll let the forum post stand for @ddavidson to respond if he wishes to. I think the root issue (and I have no certainty of this) is a company decision for the release pipeline to remain full and so any change to this is something he would need to address. The forum will give some ability for people to add to that discussion in a constructive way (hopefully).

My intent is not to complain. My intent is to understand and to hopefully get some improvement to release timeframes.

Jason

Blog Entries
    Hey jharp,

I checked with James and we currently show one item at 5 weeks and another at 7 weeks. Beyond that, there are a bunch of your products that are still showing as being in "development" status. In general, it's best to reach out to James to clarify where things are and to see if there is anything preventing them from moving through the queue.

We don't have a hard and fast limit on stuff other than we try to work through the queue as quickly as possible and still allow for products from different devs and publishers to filter through the queue. We also try to move on to other categories once we have a few D&D items, Paizo items, etc. ready for release in a given week. Ideally, we would work through the queue at the same speed with which they are being submitted, but we haven't managed to achieve that yet. We are releasing around 320 products a year on our store and we now have 356 items on the FG Forge. As we direct more of the Indie pubs and smaller publishers to the FG Forge, this should ease the congestion further on the main storefront.

Again not complaining. Just asking if there is anything to speed up the time from submitting to release. Even at 2 months (and there are ones longer) that seems a bit long. Maybe like you said the Forge will help with that but if there is anything else that would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Thread Information