STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by krynnotaur View Post
    Why can't your company produce a consistent and unified user manual?

-->> The interface has changed COMPLETELY over time. The documentation ALWAYS lags behind the changes. It's definitely something that should be addressed as a failure to deliver a finished product

Fifty different inaccurate and wrong videos on a completely unstable software engineering release cycle that changes "The interface has somewhat changed from your first screenshot ... But then again come next week when the next update comes out the interface will have changed again." by what is apparently whim are NOT a user manual.

I am not interested in discord, or third party marketing portals pretending to be training, thanks.
    Its a very finished product that requires a bit of learning like any decent, powerful software. Your comments are a wild exaggeration of facts.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; March 12th, 2023 at 19:14.

Blog Entries

-->> The interface has changed COMPLETELY over time. The documentation ALWAYS lags behind the changes. It's definitely something that should be addressed as a failure to deliver a finished product

Fifty different inaccurate and wrong videos on a completely unstable software engineering release cycle that changes "The interface has somewhat changed from your first screenshot ... But then again come next week when the next update comes out the interface will have changed again." by what is apparently whim are NOT a user manual.

I am not interested in discord, or third party marketing portals pretending to be training, thanks.
    It sounds like FG is probably not the VTT and community for you. If you make that decision, if you purchased through the FG store they have a 30 day refund policy you can avail yourself of. Just use the Contact Support form found under the Help menu of the website.

If you do change your mind and chose to learn FG it will be much easier for you if you do engage with the community via Discord and other community resources. I've never found a requirement to pay for any third party resources, this community is very giving and helpful to those who engage with it positively. Let us now if we can help.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries

Hi krynnotaur what are you having difficulty with? Do you have some examples of out of date doco that you can identify so they can be updated in the next run through?

I have found many useful YouTube videos. And the community on these message boards has been Johnny-on-the-spot with support and suggestions (I play PF2). The users, as well as the developers, are genuinely interested in everyone having a good time and understanding the software.
    I'm sorry to hear of the OP and others' frustrations. But if you listen to the community here, you can be up and running in no time flat.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    I have found many useful YouTube videos. And the community on these message boards has been Johnny-on-the-spot with support and suggestions (I play PF2). The users, as well as the developers, are genuinely interested in everyone having a good time and understanding the software.
    I'm sorry to hear of the OP and others' frustrations. But if you listen to the community here, you can be up and running in no time flat.
    Exactly right.

Blog Entries
    I highly recommend checking out the Quick Start Guide from the launch window.

The interface for Fantasy Grounds Unity will look significantly different depending on the ruleset, theme, and extensions you have loaded. The core elements of the interface will remain the same, but they may look different. FGU is a very flexible framework. When you load or create your ruleset, you can choose a custom theme or you can ignore this and run the default theme for each ruleset. I would recommend starting with the default theme in most cases, or see if the video shows which theme is in use.

-30 is exactly what you are getting.

-30 is exactly what you are getting.
    People have offered you help and have asked what you are having difficulty with. Discord is offered up because that's the popular software for voice with FG. There's also some good communities that will help and can answer any quests you have. Fantasy Grounds Academy and Fantasy Grounds Gaming Lounge regularly have games set up for newcomers to rpg's and/or Fantasy Grounds. If you actually want help, it's here ... ask away.

If someone decides they'd rather be dissatisfied, you can't do much.

Thread Information