Starfinder Playlist

Coding and Editing Extensions?

Hey folks.

Recently I've run into some issues with an extension and the variant encumbrance rules. Since I've been learning a little bit about coding in the past couple of years I figured I'd try my hand at fixing the problem myself. However, I don't seem able to open the extension in a readable way.

My question then, what software would one use to write or edit extensions for fantasy grounds unity? Are there any good resources on this that I've thus far failed to find?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and thanks in advance to anyone who might reply

Lots of information in the FG Wiki developer guide here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...eveloper+Guide
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Unless the extension is in the Vault (meaning you're out of luck because it's encrypted), an extension is just a zip file with a different extension. Change the .ext to .zip and you can extract it to see the files it contains.
    Your best bet for editing an already-made extension is to use a text editor. Notepad++ is a personal favorite.
    For creating new extensions/rulesets, I highly recommend Ruleset Wizard in the Paid Creations forum.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thread Information