DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to REMOVE an effect that auto-parser added

I'm creating a custom NPC stat block, and I'm actually having an issue where the auto-parser is adding the [EFF: Invisible] because of an unfortunate wording in the action description.

For context, this is a stat block for a "carrionette" in my adaption of "The Created" to 5e (before Van Richten's Guide was released with it's own stat block for a carrionette). The wording in the stat block is:

The carrionette targets the arm or leg of one creature it can see within range. A magical silver cord is attached from the needle to the carrionette's hand. The creature must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw or the targeted limb is immediately paralyzed and the silver cord becomes invisible.
    You'll notice, the words "becomes invisible" are being targeted by the auto-parser and adding that effect to the attack. While I can certainly just reword this flavor text to avoid the keywords... I like to understand how things work, so I was curious if there was a way NOT to trigger the effect, or to edit the stat block directly to remove this effect when it goes into the combat tracker.
    Last edited by DietRichCola; December 4th, 2021 at 23:10.

The only way is to reword it so that it doesn't appear. The parser will pick up on the phrase 'becomes invisible' or 'is invisible' and not much else. You can't at this time directly control what effects appear on the CT since that's all worked out when the NPC is dropped onto the CT; so you need to word it accordingly.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks again for the replies. I ended up just rewording it, but I figured I'd still see what was actually possible!

Thread Information