FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Extensions from the Forge do not show up in Fantasy Grounds Unity

Hello, fellow gamers. I am running FGU on a iMac running macOS Monterey Version 12.0.1 - This is my first time using The FG Forge so I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong. I am logged into the same accounts from FG, the forums, and The Forge. I have selected a few free extensions and I now own them. None of them are hidden or disabled. I closed out FGU and restarted it, then ran an update. When I logged into FGU and loaded a campaign, none of the extensions were available.

-Are these extension compatible with Mac?
    -Do I need a Forge Subscription to use the extensions? If so where do I do that at, I have not seen a subscription option for the forge?
    -Any thoughts on what I should try next?

Thanks in advance,
    Merv

Blog Entries
    There is no Forge subscription you need to worry about.

It's possible the extensions are only available in a channel (i.e. Test instead of Live) and therefore you are not seeing them. Did they download when you did an update? Which extensions did you subscribe to and how are you looking for them in FG?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

As far as I'm aware extensions will be available to any platform.

Did you update FGU after you selected the forge items? You do need to update after selecting forge items just the same as if you had purchased a module from the store.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Mervhd, if you can please try disabling and re-enabling the missing items first (that will try to resync the item on the FGU server). If that doesn't work for, please post the name of the extensions and the username of the account if it is not this one.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    There is no Forge subscription you need to worry about.

It's possible the extensions are only available in a channel (i.e. Test instead of Live) and therefore you are not seeing them. Did they download when you did an update? Which extensions did you subscribe to and how are you looking for them in FG?
    Here are the names and authors of the extensions I have added. No it does not appear they downloaded with the update. There isn't anything in my Vault folder nor in my Extensions folder. I read they go to the Vault folder, not sure if that is the case or not.
    Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 10.45.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 10.45.34 AM.png

Quote Originally Posted by ju95 View Post
    Mervhd, if you can please try disabling and re-enabling the missing items first (that will try to resync the item on the FGU server). If that doesn't work for, please post the name of the extensions and the username of the account if it is not this one.

I just completed this as you requested and still no change. Here are the names and authors of the extensions I have.

Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 10.45.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-03 at 10.45.34 AM.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    As far as I'm aware extensions will be available to any platform.

Did you update FGU after you selected the forge items? You do need to update after selecting forge items just the same as if you had purchased a module from the store.

Yes. I updated FGU after I selected the forge items. Just for completeness sake, I exited out of FGU, restarted my computer. disabled and re-enabled the extensions. opened FGU Updater, ran an update, and it still did not show up. It does. not look like they are downloading.

Hey merv, I went in and confirmed that both servers show that you are subscribed to those 16 items, could you run the updater again, and then grab the log for me:fg_log.png and just message it to me directly, and I'll see if I can figure out why the items aren't showing up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mervhd View Post
    There isn't anything in my Vault folder nor in my Extensions folder. I read they go to the Vault folder, not sure if that is the case or not.
    The location of the item depends on how the owner set up the Forge entry. Plus the filename used is a unique identifier, not an easy to read name. for example, the filename (UUID) for the Author extension is shown at bottom of the Forge page:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Some of these are modules some are extensions.
    Do the Extensions show up on the Load Campaign screen under extensions?
    Do the modules show up in that part of the Library?

Thread Information