DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: List Refresh

List Refresh

I don't know if this is a bug or 'feature' but when you are working with large lists, like in a story or images or what not, whenever I change the name of something or add a new item the list refreshes all the way back at the top of the list. Is there a way of preventing this? Scrolling all the way to the bottom every time you add a new widget is getting painful.

Quote Originally Posted by raif11152 View Post
    I don't know if this is a bug or 'feature' but when you are working with large lists, like in a story or images or what not, whenever I change the name of something or add a new item the list refreshes all the way back at the top of the list. Is there a way of preventing this? Scrolling all the way to the bottom every time you add a new widget is getting painful.
    It would be really nice if it did save and restore the scroll position if the list refreshed ;(
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Which list are you referring to? (Ruleset, and steps to open.)

I know this is an issue for the master item lists in the right sidebar; but creating new records doesn't require scrolling.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Which list are you referring to? (Ruleset, and steps to open.)

I know this is an issue for the master item lists in the right sidebar; but creating new records doesn't require scrolling.

Regards,
    JPG

This happens to me just about everywhere with records. Also happens if you click the green + to add one. (This is 2E but im pretty sure it even happens in CoreRPG). Same thing happens when editing category names.

Last edited by celestian; December 1st, 2021 at 03:19.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Preserving the list scroll state will be some work due to the fact that the list is built dynamically when adding/removing records; or editing the name. I'll have to see if the APIs exist to do that or not.

Just to be clear, preserving the list scroll state does not by any means ensure that the record will be visible; since it could still be off the scroll page.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    When you do look into this, please also take a look at the Assets window. It has similar behavior in that after choosing an asset, it reverts back to the top and you have to navigate back to the folder. Thanks.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Unfortunately, the assets window is a completely separate beast; so it will need to be looked at separately.

When you say "after choosing an asset, it reverts back to the top"; can you walk me through the steps?

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Unfortunately, the assets window is a completely separate beast; so it will need to be looked at separately.

When you say "after choosing an asset, it reverts back to the top"; can you walk me through the steps?

Regards,
    JPG
    Since it's not the same issue, let me start a different thread with details. I thought their was one, but can't find it so a new one it is

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

That would be great. I think I have a working example of the original request for the next beta push, since I was able to find some existing APIs I could use.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries

Thread Information