DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LOS Through Wall

I've noticed some reproducible issues with seeing through walls. For the screenshots here I used DM preview, but these same things occur with players connect using normal LOS in a game (where I and the player's first noticed the issues). The screens are from the development campaign which I will zip up and send along with the unreleased map pack used to make the maps.

You can only see through the walls when a token is in specific squares. In this case to reproduce just drag a PC token from the combat tracker. When you move the token around after you can see through the wall, you will get FOW where the token could originally see through showing it can't see through in that square.

• The LOS01 series is from map 01a Dungeon, Room 01-07 Guardroom.
    • The LOS11 series is from map 01b Dungeon, Room 01-10 Plank Room (next post).

In the LOS15 images I noticed something different. If you dragged the PC token from the combat tracker an placed it in the SE corner as shown you did not see through the wall initially as shown in 15a. But if you clicked the token again without moving it to unselect it, as shown in 15b and then clicked it again to select it as shown in 15c you could now see through the wall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Next Screens

I'm guessing it has something to do with having the occluders on different layers. Do you get the same issue if you put all the occluders on the one layer?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It might be, Zacchaeus - I'll have to check but since the layers are geomorphic it would defeat the long term purpose to move them all to the same layer.

Last screens

Can you please provide the campaign with the issue; as well as the steps to find the map and location on the map in question?

Thanks,
    JPG

I recognize that one.

See here for a module.

I haven't checked in a few months, but I don't think it was ever fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you please provide the campaign with the issue; as well as the steps to find the map and location on the map in question?

Thanks,
    JPG
    I sent the campaign and associated map pack to customer support, a bit ago. The images are all in the Sumuta heading. The maps have a number of places where this happens, I only picked two. It's usually where there is a shared wall between room or hallway areas.
    Last edited by Griogre; November 28th, 2021 at 19:49.

I've seen it in dual-LoS walls as well, but the second wall stops the error. With the usual way the map backgrounds are drawn, the little error triangle is over black and the players don't see it.

Just a WAG but I'd look at a rounding error for the intersection point or comparing floats for equality, but deleting or moving the non-related LoS points shouldn't change things. I'm happy someone else sees it.

I couldn't just cut out everything from the original module but the one room and have it fail. It really seemed to depend on the other LoS points nearby, or maybe I just needed to sacrifice another chicken or something.

I've escalated to @cpinder again.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by TVDinner View Post
    Just a WAG but I'd look at a rounding error for the intersection point or comparing floats for equality, but deleting or moving the non-related LoS points shouldn't change things. I'm happy someone else sees it.
    I wondered about rounding errors as well. It does seem to be some sort of close distance association between points because I haven't seen it in places of maps where there are not any shared walls, ie there is 10' of space between walls. My wild *** guess is something similar to TVDinner's, except I think a sign (reg shift?) may be reversed in a portion of the LOS calculations because of those triangle view slices.

Thread Information