5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    From what I see as a guess, is that the intersection point is actually two points, and you would have to zoom in to the intersection to see what those two points actually look like.

Ha, apologies, Carl, enjoy. I always *loved* programmers who told me what was wrong with my code when they've never even seen it. Doing so must be one of those irresistible things in coding. I would be curious to hear the final verdict though, knock knock.

I had a talk with @cpinder; and this is a very low-level piece that will require a large rewrite that we may not have time to do for a while.

His theory is that this has to do with exactly parallel blocker lines that are fairly close to each other. As a workaround for now, he suggested trying to insert extra points in the problematic lines or slightly shifting one of the end points.

Can you give that a try?

Thanks,
    JPG

I putzed with the old test module and got it to error with only three segments. One secret door, vertical; one wall, vertical below secret and on same line; one wall starting at the join of the other two segments and heading east (but not perpendicular anymore). Same procedure as the first module, orc goes above the horizontal wall.

Opening and closing the secret door triggers and fixes the error. Moving either of the end points of the vertical segments horizontally fixes the error. Moving the stray endpoint of the 3rd segment makes no difference. Walking the orc around the whole thing can fix it, but playing around brings it back.

I use the keyboard to place the points by hopping around the grid, so my LoS blockers are for the most part always parallel or at right angles.

New module attached for grins.

I think this is what Carl is talking about, since offsetting either of the two end points works around the error. I can live with that, although I bet at least one of my players will notice the offset and figure out the secret door is present.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TVDinner; November 29th, 2021 at 23:59.

To follow up on this. I re-did the maps to remove areas having shared walls. This appears to have fixed seeing through the walls though I know more after the games this weekend. To follow up on Carl's theory, while the walls, doors, ect are still all parallel and perpendicular rooms and/or corridors no longer have a common wall anywhere in the dungeon.

Thread Information