STAR TREK 2d20

DM s guild effects purchases for FGU? What is is compatible with FGU?

Are the Rob Twohy and other effects or modules for Fantasy Grounds on DMs guild usable in Unity or just the previous version of Fantasy Grounds? When I try two search by fantasy grounds Unity I don't really see any description that says hey this product is usable in unity or old fantasy grounds or both. So are all the the fantasy grounds products usable on either platform or exclusive to old FG or Unity? I have a FGU ultimate license. I am looking to buy the automation for 5e.

Blog Entries
    Not all DMsGuild products work on both FGC and FGU. For specific products, you will need to ask the author of the product to know for certain. The best way to reach Rob and his team is via their Discord server, which I believe it listed in the product details.

Rob's Discord server is; https://discord.gg/
    His FAQ says this;
    Q: Does this (any FG product with my name on it sold on DMs Guild) work in UNITY?
    A: Yes.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you for the quick answer and the link to the discord. Not sure why my searches did turn up the discord or FAQ.

The best place to find stuff that works in Unity is on the Forge. It only works in Unity. https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The best place to find stuff that works in Unity is on the Forge. It only works in Unity. https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/
    I would say this is PATENTLY UNTRUE Zacchaeus! Your statement DISCOUNTS all the wonderful things for D&D 5E on DMs Guild. I personally (at this point) have 415+ products on DMs Guild for 5E. The ENTIRE FORGE (for all rulesets) only has 344 products.

And 100% of (my) products work with Unity.

So the Forge while a good place to find stuff for Unity, is NOT the best place as you say.
    Last edited by rob2e; November 27th, 2021 at 21:55.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Filthbeard View Post
    Are the Rob Twohy and other effects or modules for Fantasy Grounds on DMs guild usable in Unity or just the previous version of Fantasy Grounds? When I try two search by fantasy grounds Unity I don't really see any description that says hey this product is usable in unity or old fantasy grounds or both. So are all the the fantasy grounds products usable on either platform or exclusive to old FG or Unity? I have a FGU ultimate license. I am looking to buy the automation for 5e.
    Feel free to come by the Discord ANY TIME and ask questions, we have over 2200+ people there to help, even if I'm not personally around. I sleep a lot.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Thank you all for the information!

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    I would say this is PATENTLY UNTRUE Zacchaeus! Your statement DISCOUNTS all the wonderful things for D&D 5E on DMs Guild. I personally (at this point) have 415+ products on DMs Guild for 5E. The ENTIRE FORGE (for all rulesets) only has 344 products.

And 100% of (my) products work with Unity.

So the Forge while a good place to find stuff for Unity, is NOT the best place as you say.
    Ah, my bad. I thought all your stuff would have been put on the forge by now.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Ah, my bad. I thought all your stuff would have been put on the forge by now.
    Ha. No. As a matter fact it’s against the DMs Guild terms of service for us to do that we only placed on the forge the 15 or so titles that we were mandated to by them otherwise we can’t put them on the Forge.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

DMsGuild Terms of Service prohibits you from posting a product anywhere else once its been published on their platform. So the only things that should be moved over to the forge are items that DMsGuild has decided to delist from their service. So far this amounts to a handful of the extensions, but there are still other extensions still on DMsGuild. If there are any extensions that are posted both on DMsGuild and the Forge at the same time, they are breaking the TOS.

Additionally, many of the modules are not able to be published on the Forge at all, even if delisted from DMsGuild due to the fact that they may contain WotC Intellectual Property. DMsGuilds publishing agreement allows users to publish items with certain Intellectual Property included, but those items would not be allowed by WotC to be published anywhere else.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information