DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Starfinder theme

Maybe a stupid question.

I had watched a few videos on the Starfinder setting before buying some of the books. In the videos, there was a Goblin theme with icons, GM icons, etc. I'm not seeing any of that. Did something change? I'm using Unity and I think the tutorial was in Classic.

I kind of liked the theme, so I was just wondering if getting it back was an option if it had been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by wframe View Post
    Maybe a stupid question.

I had watched a few videos on the Starfinder setting before buying some of the books. In the videos, there was a Goblin theme with icons, GM icons, etc. I'm not seeing any of that. Did something change? I'm using Unity and I think the tutorial was in Classic.

I kind of liked the theme, so I was just wondering if getting it back was an option if it had been changed.
    It was removed by the developers because the UI needed to be streamlined uniform to allow custom themes that were not ruleset dependent. Starfinder wasn't the only system to lose their ruleset specific theme. If you can program I'm sure you could recreate the goblin theme. Most GM's seemed to grow tired of the old goblin theme and would switch away to a theme less comical.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    It was removed by the developers because the UI needed to be streamlined uniform to allow custom themes that were not ruleset dependent. Starfinder wasn't the only system to lose their ruleset specific theme. If you can program I'm sure you could recreate the goblin theme. Most GM's seemed to grow tired of the old goblin theme and would switch away to a theme less comical.
    That's a shame. I know a lot of people complained about it, but I thought it added character and my players love the space goblins. I wish they would at least release the theme as an extension we could enable.

The sidebar uses a completely different framework now that does not use full graphic buttons; since the overhead of making game system rulesets and extension themes was too high of a barrier artistically having to make themed buttons for every object and every mod across dozens of systems and themes.

The version currently in beta testing provides a middle grounds with a combination of text and icons which can be colored by theme developers.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information