STAR TREK 2d20

PC's Import & Export pointing to different locations- how to resolve?

So, assiduously saving PCs after every gaming session on FGU, came to look back for an older version of a PC and... none of my PCs are there.

So, when I first started to save the PCs I created a folder for them, lets call it FGU PCs on my external hard drive, and when I check my hard drive the folder is there, and with the full compliment of PCs, and when I export- they definitely go here.

However when I try to import PC in FGU I get a different folder (no clue which folder) which has PCs from a previous campaign in it.

How do I get it so the Import an Export for the PCs are to the same place?

Pretty please.

Thanks in advance.

Paul
    We're playing on-line with Fantasy Grounds, and we're loving it, check out the adventures of the European Union, and the Noobs here-

Goonalan's D&D 5th Edition Campaigns.

Love you lots.

When you click on Import PCs the first screen you will get is the PCs from any campaign you have ever created in Unity (at least the latest version of that character). At the bottom of that screen there are two buttons; one of which is Import character file. Click that one and navigate to wherever you saved your PCs.

Note that if you created the characters in Unity in any campaign then they should appear on the first screen - unless you unlinked yourself from those PCs at some point. There's no need to save PCs to anywhere in Unity really - unless you want to send the file to someone or as you are presumably doing exporting them before level up etc.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank, excellent advice- found 'em.

No idea how I 'unhooked' them as all the characters in the folder it defaulted to were PCs that I had imported from FG to FGU, while the ones that I had trouble finding were all of the guys that I had created since the change over to FGU.

But, sorted.

Thanks again.

Cheers goonalan
    We're playing on-line with Fantasy Grounds, and we're loving it, check out the adventures of the European Union, and the Noobs here-

Goonalan's D&D 5th Edition Campaigns.

Love you lots.

Thread Information