DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Looking for a couple players to join Friday night (830 EST) 5e game

FG License: Ultimate

Time Zone: Splitting into 2 groups: Thurs 7 PM est, Fri 8:30 PM, have a couple spots in each but have messaged the people who've already commented here & waiting to hear back.
    [/B]
    Frequency: Weekly usually, but we skip the odd week if multiple people can't make it.

Voice/Video: We just use Discord VC & FGU, no cameras or anything like that needed.

Game System: 5e, with a couple of minor adjustments. For example, there's a Twilight Cleric player & we made a minor tweak to that subclass just as a balance thing and I homebrew a decent number of fun minor magic items so I can give out more stuff. If you want to play something fun but usually underpowered I'm all for giving it a little nudge. For example, I told a previous player his Arcane Archer could have INT mod uses of his Arcane shot instead of just 2 if he'd like so it scales, that sort of thing.

Experience: None required with anything.

Your character: Most anything.

About me: I'm Conor, I'm a Canadian who's been DMing since the age of like 10, I recently switched to virtual/FGU during the pandemic so a bit over a year of experience with the format but certainly still learning. I'm here to have fun first and foremost just like you so I tend to err on the side of 'this is more interesting' wherever possible instead of following every last rule to a T.

About you/the campaign: So the campaign is more of a 'mystery' style open-world, the party recently were brought to a city called Maraskien, a theocracy devoted to the dead god of time. There they found a recorded message from a long-dead Wizard asking them to help, being told that 'Only outsiders would be able to save the city from its curse.' Currently, the party's convinced that time isn't functioning exactly as it normally should and are trying to figure out exactly what that entails, or perhaps more accurately 'how they can take advantage of it lol. The setting is homebrew but I've always told the players they're welcome to just use generic D&D lore they might be more familiar with and can use as much or as little of my personal stuff as they'd like. If you have an idea, a backstory whatever in mind already then we'll make it work. My general rule is any and everything you want to do/use is always, without exception allowed just as long as I'm able to minorly tweak things if need be.
    Last edited by wilconran; December 6th, 2021 at 08:32.

I'd be interested. I have a barbarian/cleric build I've been wanting to try. Since it's a "mystery" campaign does that mean very little combat? Just wondering because I probably wouldn't go barbarian if that's the case, but if this party of mostly brainiacs could use another meatshield he might be perfect. Also, point buy or rolling for stats and what does starting equipment look like? I wouldn't "need" a tie-in adventure necessarily. They could find this addled barbarian wandering around wondering *when* and/or *where* the hell he is.

I am also from Canada.
    I am interested in joining Friday nights.
    I would be interested in halfling rogue.

Absolutely. There's a fair bit of combat still, right now there's 1 person (Rune Knight) trying to solo frontline so that'd be totally fine. If you wanted to PM me your discord I'll add you to the server then you can take a look, make a character etc. I have 3 of you now I believe so hopefully we'll get a 'session 0' type fill-in with the 3 of you then join up with the full party for next week.

@wilconran just checking to see if your utc offset is correct at +5. Most EST timezones I see are utc-5.

I'm down! it's a perfect time for me. I'm in Taiwan but it's basicaly a 12 hour difference for me

Time zone and start time are exactly what I’m looking for.
    Brand new to dnd and fg. In one other campaign that also uses fg so I have minimal experience.

ObisK#2879 Discord

I would be interested, please PM me if you need another person

Hey everyone, thanks for the responses. I invited the first bunch of people to reply & everyone seems great, I'm at 7, think getting much more than that starts getting a bit difficult. That being said, if something doesn't work out/someone drops out or whatever I'd be happy to invite others, I'll PM people in the order they responded to see if anyone's still interested at that time if that works.

Thread Information