5E Character Create Playlist
Page 9 of 11 First ... 7891011 Last
    Dave will be missed by nearly everyone who hes ever spoken with. He touched so many lives with his infectious laugh and his warm way of trying to make everyone feel included and like a friend in his world and I think thats because Dave really did see everyone he met who gave him kindness as a friend and he gave that kindness back ten fold. Dave my friend, you will be missed. We will roll dice in the future on the other side.

I'm so saddened to hear this. RIP Dave, you will be missed.

I just want to take a minute and say that David @DigitalDM will be greatly missed. He was a huge influence in my decision to return to the community after a 20+ year hiatus. His ability to inspire and promote imagination through his videos will continue to help those coming into the hobby for years to come.

On a personal note, I had several interactions with Dave both before and after his hiring by the Fantasy Grounds team. I can say that not only was he infinitely patient, but willing to go above and beyond to help anyone who was fortunate enough to cross his path. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and just want to let them know that David's life impacted thousands of people. He was a true inspiration to those who shared his passion for tabletop RPGs.

I hope to join his table on the other side one day too!

We miss you Dave!

I just recently came across the news that David passed away, and I am absolutely heart broken . I want to wish my deepest condolences to David's family and friends on the loss of such a great person.

I was fortunate enough to meet David around 5 months ago when we randomly crossed paths in a game we were playing called Lineage 2 Classic. We were both chasing nostalgia from when the game launched back in 2003. From that moment on we group leveled together and talked every single day, it was part of my daily routine that came to a screeching halt. David was always such a great person to be around and we became very close over those 5 months. I wish I could rewind and do it all over again. I wish that I could honor David and continue leveling his character with mine so that I could fulfill his goal of getting level 90, it just feels wrong playing without him, I haven't since I found out the news.

Even though I only knew David for 5 months, I consider him a great friend and will never forget his contagious laughter, how smart he was, his stories (especially the one of him bringing his son to a rock concert when he was a teenager, he always got a kick out of that one), or just how willing he was to always help out if someone needed it. All the stories and posts prior to mine solidified my belief that David was just an amazing human being. I miss him dearly.

RIP David, maybe there is Lineage 2 on the other side so that we can complete our goal together.
    Last edited by Knot13; November 24th, 2021 at 20:13.

Never had the pleasure to talk to Dave, but from his video is seemed like a genuine nice guy. Sad loss for the community.
    ------------------
    Ardem

Discord: Ardem#4756
    Teamspeak Server: ts3.varidan.com.au
    Ultimate Licencse: FGC/FGU

Campaign Currently Running: Greenbrook Rolemaster FRP (Weekly Wednesday 8.00pm-11.00pm), YouTube Stream

Game/Ruleset created: Extinction Event
    Extensions created: Rolemaster FRP, XP Extension, Random Extension

OH my God David, I am so sorry to hear about this. I was online playing with Mike Potter and he told me about this. I haven't been able to find much time for online forums with work life and house shopping.

My heart goes out to his family, especially his son - it kills me as a father to picture a kid losing a dad.
    I don't know what to say other than I am saddened by this news.

Regards,
    Dan

Yesterday, I read this post and it was as if someone punched me in the gut.

Dave, rest in peace. You have no idea how many either discovered or rediscovered TTRPG's because of you but I am one of the many.
    GM Rondor Redbeard

Condolences go out to the Smiteworks family and David's especially.

I'm shocked by this news. Saw his Prep-Stream two weeks ago. It's hard to believe. He was always the good guy who cheered everybody up and was very kind though I didn't met him personally. Very sad day and a great loss for smiteworks and the community. RIP David.

Thread Information