STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Fantasy Grounds Store and Steam bundles different??

Hi,

Desert of desolation is not listed in the classic bundle on Steam, but is in the FG Store classic bundle.

Since I bought the classic bundle on Steam I am not able to partake in the future bundle discount (buying the added content).

Personally I would rather buy from the FG Store if it registered that I had bought the bundle on Steam AND that it registered that I had the items themselves and flagged as owned.

As the client knows what I have as part of buying the steam version of the bundle, surely it cannot be that difficult? The FG store also knows that I bought the bundle through Steam, so also not sure why it doesn't flag in the FG store to be able to then buy the missing / added content through the FG store at the discount.

Blog Entries
    We will add it on Steam.

Blog Entries
    The two stores don't talk to each other is my understanding.

If you have a bundle discount at one, it isn't recognized at the other.

Desert of Desolation not in the Steam bundle is likely an oversight.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    The two stores don't talk to each other is my understanding.

If you have a bundle discount at one, it isn't recognized at the other.

Desert of Desolation not in the Steam bundle is likely an oversight.
    Thanks mate. That is my point though, they should be recognised by Smiteworks. They can see the items purchased, since it is in my order history and after I have synched my Steam purchases. They would also not be able to attach them to me in the client if they did not.

What is annoying is that they have the information, but then when browsing the FG Store it shows that the items are not "owned", so quite easy to purchase again by mistake. I made that mistake earlier, where I bought the bundle on Steam, and then did not realise that a module I then bought on the FG Store, I already had as part of the bundle. That was my error and I live with it, but it makes it harder to then determine if I own something or not, as I have to check if an item is in the bundle I bought on Steam or not. The exclusion of Desert of Desolation in the Steam bundle, could easily have led me to buy it on the FG Store without the discount since the FG Store deoes not recognise that I have bought the bundle on Steam. Others may well fall into that same trap due to the oversight as well.

This should be a simple thing to fix I would imagine, as they have the product codes in your order history, so should be easy enough to display as "owned" rather than provide the option to "buy". Regarding the bundle, it may be more difficult because Smiteworks may not see what or how an item was purchased on Steam. I suspect they do, but they may not. Then they would have to try and figure out if someone bought all items in the bundle on Steam individually or as a bundle. Then again if they own all the items in the bundle, then I would suspect they could just flag it as being a bundle purchase and then apply the same discount on the FG Store for added items.

If someone had actually bought all the items in the bundle individually, then even if they then got "given" the bundle pricing thereafter, would that be such a bad thing for Smiteworks, considering the amount they have already charged for the individual books? I personally think this would be a win-win for both the custoemr and Smiteworks. Smiteworks may lose some revenue, but they gain customer loyalty, and future sale potential when the customer now buys items even at the discounted price that they may not have previously. The customer feels that the money they have spent is then been money well spent, knowing that they can get future discounts on items added to that bundle.

I have already bought all the D&D bundles so does not really make much difference to me, other than would like to be able to buy items all in one location, not have to go to Steam to buy certain items in the classics bundle only, and everything else on the FG Store. Ultimately if they cannot or do not want to, that is up to them, but I do think it is something Smiteworks could do, and should not be overly difficult as they have all the data they need anyway, especially if they forget to add it in both locations.

Hopefully someone at Smiteworks sees and considers this.

Blog Entries
    It’s a matter of optimization. Our queries are already pretty complex.

Any idea as to when this is meant to be done? Still not part of the steam bundle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hsv216 View Post
    Any idea as to when this is meant to be done? Still not part of the steam bundle.
    I took Doug's response to mean that he does not intend to make any such change.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I took Doug's response to mean that he does not intend to make any such change.
    I get the not to make them synch properly. Why I still do not know, but I am expecting that it was going to be added to Steam as per the second post in the thread. That is what I am querying.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hsv216 View Post
    I get the not to make them synch properly. Why I still do not know, but I am expecting that it was going to be added to Steam as per the second post in the thread. That is what I am querying.
    Ah, I misunderstood.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for following up.

I added Desert of Desolation I3-I5, and removed the separate I3, I4, and I5 modules. This is something that some of our community asked for, but it also risks upsetting others. We don't have any way of including both the compilation and the stand-alone modules as an either/or option. If we get a bunch of complaints about this, we are likely to remove both sets from the bundle just to avoid duplication. If you buy it when it is part of the bundle, you will get the discount now, and removing it later shouldn't impact you in any negative way. The bundle discount may just go away at some point if those modules get removed.

Thread Information