DICE PACKS BUNDLE

IF conditional and vision

I was trying to set Acute Vision as a Character Effect for my barbarian player with IF: CUSTOM(rage); VISION: darkvision , however, it seems to be giving him darkvision even when he's not raged.

So for now I put the vision as part of the rage action, but I was trying to keep the CT as clear as possible. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug? or is it working as intended?

VISION is not a conditional effect. So this is working as intended.

If you want to keep the CT clear then use character effects on the PC sheet combat tab.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry, the Combat tab is where I initially put it as a character effect. on the Actions tab he has an effect that simply says rage. I tried to create a conditional that would give him Darkvision when he uses it. (see bold in first post). However, putting that there gives him darkvision even when he doesn't have the rage custom effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrite View Post
    Sorry, the Combat tab is where I initially put it as a character effect. on the Actions tab he has an effect that simply says rage. I tried to create a conditional that would give him Darkvision when he uses it. (see bold in first post). However, putting that there gives him darkvision even when he doesn't have the rage custom effect.
    My comment about using character effects was regarding your "...but I was trying to keep the CT as clear as possible" comment - i.e. use character effects to keep them out of the CT.

My statement regarding VISION not being a conditional effect applies to the combat tracker or the PC combat tab - VISION effects don't work with IF/IFT conditional effects - this is base FG functionality and not specific to the PF2 ruleset.

One way to do this is to have a character effect VISION: darkvision in the combat tab of the character sheet and toggle that on/off. This is a manual thing, there's no duration for PF2 character effects. If you want a duration, then you'll need to use an effect in the combat tracker.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information