DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Ma's Inspector - Support

The basic inspector provided to developers by SmiteWorks is useful but needed more power. Ma's Inspector is designed to replace the basic inspector and provide a lot more power during creation and debugging. Available on Forge at https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/358/view

Basic Usage Instructions
    • Enable the "Dev Ma Inspector" extension at launch of campaign
    • Open the inspector with: /openwindow MaInspector
    • By default it will begin inspection of the next window that is launched.

Additional Features
    • If you wish to inspect a new window click the button next to "Intercept next?" and the next window opened will now be the inspected window.
    • If for some reason, you wish to delay the inspection by a number of opens then increment the # next to "Skip # Openings"
    • If the window is already open, select from the pulldown. If missing from the list, click the refresh icon next to the pulldown.
    • Hover on the labels for tooltips and more information where available (event details are shown here)
    • Need to copy and paste? These are read-write string controls so click in the field and copy as you wish.
    • Subwindows will need to be shown in the real window before the Inspector can detail them. Once you have visited the subwindow in the real window, click Update in the Inspector.
    • Want to know which controller is which? Click the "?" next to a path and two things will occur (1) a marker will be placed over the control (if possible), and (2) it will programmatically traverse to that control with the path listed on the right.
    Last edited by jharp; November 15th, 2021 at 23:19.

Version History

v1.0.3
    • Added support for remaining controls
    • Added control inspector - Very much a WiP and will throw errors if used for anything other than formattedtextcontrol

v1.0.1
    • Added pulldown with listing of all windows available for inspection
    • Added event details (as found in basic inspector)
    • Added position and size information

v1.0.0
    • Original release

Current Known Bugs

• None
    Last edited by jharp; November 18th, 2021 at 19:09.

My FG Forge account is in restricted mode at the moment. I expect it will be remedied soon but in the meantime I'm not certain what will occur to your ability to use this module. Let me know if it doesn't work anymore.

Jason

It still works but in 4.5.0 (Test) it has a few errors, some buttons not working and without text.

Thread Information