DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Keep in mind that colorblind players will struggle with this and that colorblindness has various permutations.

A majority of people that are colorblind suffer from Deuteranopia, A.K.A. red-green colorblindness (and thus will struggle greatly with the currently selected colors). Other common forms of color blindness include Protanopia (difficulties distinguishing between blue and green colors and also between red and green colors) and Tritanopia (Essentially Blue-yellow color-blindness). A lot of modern games and apps offer a setting that you can use to identify which type of colorblindness you have and adjust the colors accordingly.

Might be worth looking into. There are a lot of details on accessibility available online now and tons of UI/UX specific blogs and articles that should give you some "safe to use" colors for each mode. Just my two bit!
    I'd love to use it, but wouldn't be able to right now due to my own colorblindness

That is a good point. However, I think this would need to be resolved on per-player base, so that the player can configure this in his options, and I'm not sure FGU supports that for an extension. I'll try and find our if this can be improved for better accessibility. I actually have a player with deuteranopia myselft. Thank you for pointing this out!

I'll have to ask my colorblind player what he thinks, but I hadn't thought of that. Maybe another case where bolding would make a difference.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Maybe there's a way to implement some sort of color pickers?

Used it for both of my groups over the last week, worked just fine and we found it to be very useful. Thank you for your work

Unfortunately, the colorblind option is not as easily implemented as I thought because the output style can only be chosen by the GM, not by individual players, so that would mean, all players would get the colorblind color scheme. Getting individual player colors is possible but much more complicated, and I'll try to see if I can get it done in this extension, but for now I'm going to publish it on Forge as is.

This extension is now available on the forge in a slightly updated version. See the first post for the link

it works for just the melee actions only. So I do not know which extension is interfering with the save portion. I could find out if you would like.
    Steve Jobs "Good artists copy, great artists steal."

Quote Originally Posted by toastsniffer187 View Post
    it works for just the melee actions only. So I do not know which extension is interfering with the save portion. I could find out if you would like.
    Which other extensions are you using?

there is a lot i will go thru 1 at a time and find out which is messing with the saves. It works great for melee attacks but saves do not have color.
    Steve Jobs "Good artists copy, great artists steal."

Thread Information