DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Map export SWD to SWADE

Hi,

so i am pretty new to FG and Savage Worlds.
    I started preparing a campaign, after i realized i choose the wrong ruleset.
    Fortuantely i had not come too far into preparation but i already created a rather complex map.
    The map was created with the FGU internal tools and assets, including LOS und lighting.

Now i wish to export this map from the Deluxe ruleset to the Adventure Edition campaign.

I tried the universal module extension. But the exported module still is not showing up when loading new modules.

I could not find any way to access said map and copy it into the folder for the new campaign.

Do you have any suggestions on how to export the map into the new campaign?

Thank you in advance.

You need to load the universal module and the start your campaign. Once loaded you need to open "Assets" then find the module and then the image you want to import. When you find the map image you need to click it and then select "Create Image Record" button in the bottom left of the image window.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Blog Entries
    This is the extension Ulric is referring to; https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/266/view

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Welcome to the FG forums Buzzlebobby!

The Universal Modules extension doesn't include the ruleset name "SWD" (Savage Worlds Deluxe) so using it won't allow you to see modules exported from the SWD ruleset outside of SWD campaigns.

Try this:
    1. Open the <FG app data>\campaigns directory - get to <FG app data> by clicking on the folder icon in the top left of the FG startup screen.
    2. Make a copy of the directory with the name of the SWD campaign you were working on (this is so you have a backup). Rename the copied directory to be what you want the copied campaign to be called.
    3. Enter the copied directory and open campaign.xml in a text editor.
    4. Change <ruleset>SWD</ruleset> to <ruleset>SavageWorlds</ruleset> and save the XML file.
    5. Restart FGU and load up the campaign with the renamed name from step #2.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 15th, 2021 at 23:58.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums Buzzlebobby!

The Universal Modules extension doesn't include the ruleset name "SWD" (Savage Worlds Deluxe) so using it won't allow you to see modules exported from the SWD ruleset outside of SWD campaigns.

Try this:
    1. Open the <FG app data>\campaigns directory - get to <FG app data> by clicking on the folder icon in the top left of the FG startup screen.
    2. Make a copy of the directory with the name of the SWD campaign you were working on. Rename the copied directory to be what you want the copied campaign to be called.
    3. Enter the copied directory and open campaign.xml in a text editor.
    4. Change <ruleset>SWD</ruleset> to <ruleset>SavageWorlds</ruleset> and save the XML file.
    5. Restart FGU and load up the campaign with the renamed name from step #2.
    I did not realize the Universal extension required the ruleset name to match a preset list. That's good to know!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

This seems to work!

Thank you very much you saved me a lot of time.

Are there any issues arising from this ruleset change?

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzlebobby View Post
    This seems to work!

Thank you very much you saved me a lot of time.

Are there any issues arising from this ruleset change?
    No, it will be fine. Trenloe's suggestion was the best way.

For future reference https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/108/view this is the extension cross-module specifically in Savage Worlds rulesets (SWD, PFSW, SWADE etc.)

Note: Always, ALWAYS make backups of your data though.

Also a good resource to have at ready.
    Thanks to all of you!

Thread Information