DICE PACKS BUNDLE

2021-11 Ruleset Updates: Library/Modules view not displaying content

Here is the current live version (this is the same module selected in each)

Surely this is a bug? Also I noticed when I loaded a module with the Library/Modules window opened it would not "refresh" to show the new one. I had to close/reopen.

And here is test you note all the records (Items, NPCS,Story/etc) are missing.

---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

I've attempted to replicate in other rulesets and was able to get it working. Can you check to see if you see this in other rulesets as well?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Make sure that the 2E ruleset is not overriding any library templates/classes. There was a significant under the hood change.

You should probably go through every asset overridden from the developer list I provided for CoreRPG changes.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I've attempted to replicate in other rulesets and was able to get it working. Can you check to see if you see this in other rulesets as well?

Let me play with this. It could be the window im loading with BetterMenus
    Last edited by celestian; November 11th, 2021 at 01:46.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Seems like some part of the Library/Modules window is not initialized unless the sidebar is.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Seems like some part of the Library/Modules window is not initialized unless the sidebar is.
    Somehow, 2E menus is opening another "version" of the Library window. Not sure how yet. I tinkered with my menu code so I could have both at the same time (menu/sidebar) and Sidebar opens up a window and Menu "Library" opens up one. Both look the same (all the activation/store/buttons).

Still digging, this is wierd. I pull the window class name from Desktop.aCoreDesktopDockV4["live"]

Code:
      for _,rRecords in ipairs(Desktop.aCoreDesktopDockV4["live"]) do
        Debug.chat("menulist.lua","populateMenuList: Adding aCoreDesktopDockV4 menu--->","rRecords",rRecords);       
        addMenuItem(rRecords.class,rRecords.path or rRecords.class, rRecords.tooltipres);
      end
    Code:
    s'menulist.lua' | s'populateMenuList: Adding aCoreDesktopDockV4 menu--->' | s'rRecords' | { s'icon_down' = s'button_library_down', s'tooltipres' = s'sidebar_tooltip_library', s'class' = s'library', s'icon' = s'button_library', s'subdock' = bTRUE }
    ---

So I figured out how to FIX it but something definitely changed.

Previously I was opening the window with Interface.openWindow(sRecord,sPath); where sRecord and sPath were both 'library'.

Now I have to open it Interface.openWindow(sRecord,"");.

With that open method everything works as expected. I'm not sure what was changed between Live to Test but...
    ---

The window was changed to be data source less on purpose; so that all modules could be shown in library not just ones with a “library” section in the data. You can also unload or revert from the library now.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information