5E Character Create Playlist

Proficiency Bonus - where to place on NPC sheet

From what I read a Proficiency Bonus (ie an overall "Proficiency Bonus +2") is not a core ruleset component and therefore, is not anywhere on the character sheets and NPC sheet.

However, if I wanted to record such a bonus somewhere, where is it best to do so? Under traits? Other tab?

Thanks,
    Jason

It’s on the top right of the first tab on the PC sheet. It’s not on an NPC sheet, but if you need it I’d suggest in between the xp and cr boxes.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Interesting. So if I don't want an extension but rather just wish to record it somewhere on the NPC sheet where is best?

In that case just add it as a trait.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks. I had suspected that would be the case but wanted a better opinion than my uninformed one.
    Jason

Since it's now part of the stat block will we see it added to the NPC sheet I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by vegaserik View Post
    Since it's now part of the stat block will we see it added to the NPC sheet I wonder?
    I don't see a need for this. the proficiency bonus is already calculated into the attacks and save DCs as well as any skills that the NPC has. It's superfluous information really.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I don't see a need for this. the proficiency bonus is already calculated into the attacks and save DCs as well as any skills that the NPC has. It's superfluous information really.
    There's some reason Wizards has it on the official stat block now when it didn't used to be.

During the D&D Live convention they mentioned that they were changing stat blocks and "flavor" like alignment for creatures in the new books being released. This is leading up to the release of the new/next/updated edition slated to be released in 2024. Basically they are seeing what works, what people like, and what to avoid going forward.

Thread Information