DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LFP +1 for Ongoing Ravenloft 5e Campaign.

FG License: Ultimate
    Time Zone: Tuesday Night 5:00 UTC+0 for 2-3 hours each session.
    Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Weekly
    Term: We are sixteen sessions in.
    Voice/Video. Discord required and a decent microphone. Video preferred but not necessary.

Game System Preferred: 5E, tasha's and the rest.
    Game System Experience: Anyone is welcome. I'm happy to go through a basic FGU tutorial. I'd much rather have friendly people who love to RP than technical experts.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: Some experience, and I've got some helpful plugins running.

Character Type Preferred: Our current party are a rather diverse mix of Ravenloft monster hunters who are all quite rooted in Gothic fiction. Our current alignment mix is a *cough* perplexing mixture of Lawful Good to Neutral Evil. If you want to make a character named Mr Fuzzy who's a ghoulish bunny rabbit, or a vampire that behaves suspiciously like Sasuke from Naurto this isn't the campaign for you - nothing against that - but this won't be the place. Our current campaign is on session 16 and we are character level six.

About me: I'm older-ish dude. I've been playing on Fantasy Grounds for around a year now. I've been DMing some Powered by the Abyss system games for family and friends lately but now I've got the urge to DM some 5e. As a DM I really like the narrative side of things and creating my own NPCs, and I like writing stories and thinking about how to engage my players characters in them. However, if you're super into tactical gameplay and making sure every rule is adhered to perfectly I'm probably a bad DM for you. I suck, just a little bit, at running combat and that may annoy some people.

About you: You'll be cool (1) making a character that fits somewhat into our current dynamic. (2) You'll be the sort of player who enjoys roleplay but also is respectful and tries to avoid talking over other characters. (3) You'll be okay with being in a heavy RP campaign where certain sessions may focus more on the lore and background of some party members more than others. (4) You'll be okay if things don't work out after a session or two, as we are already a reasonably tight knit group sixteen sessions into a campaign and we want to keep our current 'vibe.'

Hello there. I'm interested in running this with you if you'll give me the opportunity. I live in England, so the time zone should work out.

However... I've never done a proper pnp rp session before. I'm not knowledgeable about the Ravenloft setting, nor am I particularly knowledgeable about D&D rules or lore. I've also never used fantasy grounds. In essence, I'm quite the newb. I also do not have a webcam, but I do have a decent headset/mic, and am quite happy to voice. If things work out I could see buying a webcam as time goes by. Just don't expect it immediately; money isn't my strong point, lol.

But, to my benefit, I really do enjoy rp. I also enjoy talking with folks, and just... well trying to enjoy a social situation online. I'm excited to try pnp properly for the first time. I've wanted to since I was a kid, but I never knew anyone that played, and though I thought about trying online, without visual ques of any type I think I might struggle a little to keep up. I see fantasy grounds as the fix for that, as I only need very limited visuals to keep me tied in.

I have done rp before, but text rp, both in forum and over 3d media, but both were free form, with no actual rules. I've also played various video games based on d&d, but beyond enjoying them, I don't remember a lot of particulars. You'll definitely have to work with me a bit; assist me with character building, etc, and I'll be very dependant on you about rules. Basically, I'll just trust your assessment to be correct, lol. I'm also probably in the same age bracket as you, near enough. I'm not a young pup, in any case :P.

I will say as well... that my mentality isn't about winning. To be honest, I don't care if we "win" or lose or whatever, as I don't see that as being the point. The point, to me, is to try to enjoy the journey of the characters, and immerse ourselves in it, and just... have fun regardless of what happens.

If you'd be willing to take a chance on me, let me know . And if not... well that's ok, and I hope you find a good player that fits your current group.

Sounds good. I've sent you a pm.

Couldn't send you a friend request over discord due to your settings, but I responded in a DM.

If you have room for one more, I'd be interested as I have a character that just needs to be upgraded to match party levels

Thread Information