DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Max damage effect

I've been looking through the mire of the forums to find an option for it, but I don't think there is.

Does anyone know of, or are there plans for, a maximum damage effect or button (like in 5e) that will allow max damage to be dealt on an attack?

It would be nice to have for those instances when it comes about. Manually entering that information in is mildly irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by jedorian View Post
    I've been looking through the mire of the forums to find an option for it, but I don't think there is.

Does anyone know of, or are there plans for, a maximum damage effect or button (like in 5e) that will allow max damage to be dealt on an attack?

It would be nice to have for those instances when it comes about. Manually entering that information in is mildly irritating.
    For spells: There is a metamagic cycle button, with this you can designate max damage

For weapons: You can add [MAX] to the weapon name; but not sure anymore. (And it is not an intended feature, so, it may not work anymore; I didn't test for a long time)

But the best probably for your situation: Simply click the maximize damage button in the modifier window (the +/- button in the upper right of FG)

Modifiers.png

I don't see a max button in there. I am aware that 5e apparently has one, would be nice if it existed in PFRPG, too.

I tried using the [MAX] tag and either I don't know how to enter it correctly, or it nonfunctional.

If its not clear, as I thought posting here in the PF1e section would make it so, I am using PF 1e ruleset and am asking about it specifically.

(Update) Hey, Kel. Thanks a bunch for the comment. You got me to thinking about the tag and after reading what you said, I never actually tried applying to the attack name entry. [MAX] does not function, but [MAXIMIZE] does.
    Figured out by looking at what the metamagic button for spells did to the name. Thanks again.
    Last edited by jedorian; November 7th, 2021 at 18:50.

Quote Originally Posted by jedorian View Post
    Modifiers.png

I don't see a max button in there. I am aware that 5e apparently has one, would be nice if it existed in PFRPG, too.

I tried using the [MAX] tag and either I don't know how to enter it correctly, or it nonfunctional.

If its not clear, as I thought posting here in the PF1e section would make it so, I am using PF 1e ruleset and am asking about it specifically.

(Update) Hey, Kel. Thanks a bunch for the comment. You got me to thinking about the tag and after reading what you said, I never actually tried applying to the attack name entry. [MAX] does not function, but [MAXIMIZE] does.
    Figured out by looking at what the metamagic button for spells did to the name. Thanks again.
    Oh, you are right, I really thought that there is a max button, I wonder why not

Cool, thanks for finding the correct tag, I was not sure about this anymore either

Thread Information