5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

100% Custom Content?

Not sure where to ask this, so I'm starting here.

We play the new 5e Iron Kingdoms. It uses a lot of SRD 5e, but has classes, races, spells, languages, etc. that are new.

We use another VTT game system that is often causing browser issues, and API issues and I'm simply look for an alternative.

Can I use SRD 5e and make 100% new custom items to add?

I've tested a few other systems that say custom content, but when I dig into them I see they mean 1 or 2 custom items and a locked character creation that cannot add new features.

Near tempted just to Discord with character sheets and dice...

See the various "Creating... " videos linked in this page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ul-information

I don't see spells in that list, but you can easily create new spell records.
    Languages are added via the campaign languages options - some info here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ions#Languages
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeper View Post
    Not sure where to ask this, so I'm starting here.

We play the new 5e Iron Kingdoms. It uses a lot of SRD 5e, but has classes, races, spells, languages, etc. that are new.

We use another VTT game system that is often causing browser issues, and API issues and I'm simply look for an alternative.

Can I use SRD 5e and make 100% new custom items to add?

I've tested a few other systems that say custom content, but when I dig into them I see they mean 1 or 2 custom items and a locked character creation that cannot add new features.

Near tempted just to Discord with character sheets and dice...
    Yes, it just takes some time and a little figuring it out. Once you get how things work, it just takes time to enter the data in. If you have a pdf it's much easier - you can cut and paste and then format how you want it. I've put in all of Adventures in Middle earth, it takes awhile. But put in what you need then add stuff as you have time. I started with the player's stuff - classes, races, equipment, then worked on npc's which can be tedious. To do something like spells, simply unlock a spell and look how it's put in and copy what goes where.

Blog Entries
    What's easy is creating new homebrew that falls within the rules of 5E. So classes, races, items, backgrounds, spells, etc that have the same data fields and such.

If Iron Kingdoms not only changes those items that are available, but also add additional things like; mana pools, endurance points, t things lie tat, then you would want an extension to add those to the character sheet and combat tracker.

Either way, check out the videos above, download and install the FGU demo, create a development campaign and try it out.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information