5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Settings and an over-abundance of races

I've gotten a fairly good chunk of Kobold Press' Midgard setting. I want to limit the character wizard to use only the Midgard-centric races and the core D&D races, but I want the classes, backgrounds, and skills from all of the other core 5e books. Not everything will be appropriate, but the bulk of it will be good to go. The races, though, need better control or limits.

How do I accomplish this? I am almost feeling like I'll need to create a crib-sheet or handout to keep the player on target during a character creation session.

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    A crib sheet, or shared story (I call my "Character Creation") is the simplest way to do this.

But, if you want to control through FG's interface, you would have to make your own Players Handbook. Start a development campaign, copy all the allowed races, classes, backgrounds etc from all your various sources into this module. You'll probably have to include spells and maybe items too. Then export that to a module, in your module activation window, disallow all of your various sources except your new module. Then your player will only be able to load that module, which you can update as needed in your development campaign, and will only have access to the character creation options you have included.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks, LordEntrails. I don't think that I am willing to do that much work to ease what is hopefully a one-off task (i.e. character creation).

I had hoped that there was a way to flag a race as being an NPC-only race.

Blog Entries
    Yea, no way to 'flag' a race. And I also don't think it's worth the effort, I just give instructions via a story they can reference anytime. I also include things like stat generation and campaign background so everyone is sure to be on the same page and if we need to make a replacement/new character at a later date ten it's easy to find the rules we used.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I am hoping to get them to make 2 or 3 characters each. Then they can think about it, talk about it, and play the one they want want while having a quick back-up available.

I am going to play around with renaming the races to see if I can short-circuit things that way.

Blog Entries
    KISS and all... just set either an initial or permanent MOTD that links to a Story page that contains your Campaign Rules/Guidelines and on that page is a list of approved/disapproved 'stuff' and your players need to be trustworthy enough to abide by that.

Thread Information