DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Automatically roll HP when put into the combat tracker?

Hi, is there a way to have the hp of monsters rolled automatically when entered into the combat tracker from an encounter? Like if I had 6 fire beetles in the encounter and want to automatically generate their hp when they go to the combat tracker. I have tried putting the 'current hp' and 'max hp' fields to zero for the npc form and that works, sort of. It doesn't use the positive modifiers, however. For example, a 1 HD+2 creature can roll a 1 for hp when entered on the combat tracker.
    Am I misunderstanding something?

Also, there should be a negative hd modifier for NPC sheets, no?

Thanks

Hey
    ok yeah a Goblin. Ill address that

With regard to hit points. The defaults to the listed average hit points in the referees Tome. If you want to customize the number of hit points you can override this on an encounter record. You can drop each fire beetle on their separately.

The method you found was actually added in case the NPC HP field was left blank when converting store modules to OSE. So it is quite funny you are using it as a kind of ghetto hack.

You are pretty motivated to have it automated on drop and I cant have you living like this, so Ill go ahead and add it for you. Ill move it to the options menu. Give me a day but maybe tonight. Depends on when the wife summons me away from the PC.
    Last edited by bayne7400; September 9th, 2023 at 01:22.

Hey that's great. Thanks!
    Ha ha yes I am pretty motivated - sometimes I just want to make an 'encounter' with a ton of goblins and have them pop up in the combat tracker with minimal fuss.

And speaking of goblins, they might be the only one with a negative HD modifier (1 -1 HD)?

Thanks again - it is very nice of you.

Kolja

Go ahead and test it out it is live. Until Tome is updated just make a copy of the goblin and edit it

I tested it out and changed up the bonus HD box. You can enter any number now. Good catch on the bug.

I tested it and it works. Great!
    Thanks

Thread Information