DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

LFP—New D&D 4e Campaign!

Experienced DM here (started DM’ing in 1977) who has played Basic (old school) D&D, 1e, a bit of 4e, LotFP, and a whole lot of 5e … and dammit, I miss 4e—a lot! So let’s do this!

Looking for four players who can commit to a weekly 3-4 hour game (I already have a player in, so it will be a party of five). Experience with 4e not necessary but, if you’ve never played 4e, you’re probably not likely to be interested anyway. I’m EST, but free to play whenever (early retirement and all). Let’s let the group decide on time and day.

So what’s this campaign about? The party gets to vote because, honestly, I can’t decide. Option 1 is the 4e Dark Sun setting (which I love) with you all driving the grim and gritty direction of the campaign. Oh, I have some epic storylines in mind, but I’m not imposing any story arcs in Option #1. Option 2 is my home-brew world with a more conventional D&D mentality inspired by the Nentir Vale 4e setting and Zack Smith’s Vornheim. If we go that route, the party can choose to drive the action or opt for a story arc that will eventually send you into the Underdark for some epic sh*t.

I have FGU and full license, and all of the 4e player handbooks in PDF that I’ll make available to you. So this won’t cost you a dime.

Who wants in? Hoping to launch soon.
    Last edited by Jerry Taylor; October 25th, 2021 at 02:57.

Depending on day and time, I'd be very interested.
    About the options, either is fine, I love Dark Sun, but I'm even more curious about homebrew worlds.

I'm experienced in 4e and FGU; I'm a relaxed player who likes kitchen table atmosphere, supporting each other, cracking jokes and generally having a good time. If this would be a game where people always stay in their role and never speak out of character, it's probably not a game for me.

Questions:
    1) Would this be text only, or 'only voice' or voice&video?
    2) How long would the campaign take? (level 1 -30?)
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Llyle View Post
    Depending on day and time, I'd be very interested.
    About the options, either is fine, I love Dark Sun, but I'm even more curious about homebrew worlds.

I'm experienced in 4e and FGU; I'm a relaxed player who likes kitchen table atmosphere, supporting each other, cracking jokes and generally having a good time. If this would be a game where people always stay in their role and never speak out of character, it's probably not a game for me.

Questions:
    1) Would this be text only, or 'only voice' or voice&video?
    2) How long would the campaign take? (level 1 -30?)
    You sound like my kind of player. We’ll use Zoom or Discord for voice to complement the video. Start at level 1 with an eye towards all 30. But given TPKs and all, we’ll see!

whoops
    Last edited by lilysilvergarden; October 25th, 2021 at 19:48. Reason: Didn't realize I double posted

I've played Dark Sun and I loved it. I've never gotten to play a homebrew before but I've never played 4e but I would be interested in learning and I'm experienced with FGU as well.

I'm interested in this; but only Monday & Wednesday evenings work for me. I've played a lot of 4e.

Unless I’m mistaken, I’m getting the sense that, as of now, you would collectively prefer gaming in my Homebrew setting rather than in Athas.

The homebrew just sounds really fun and exciting.

lately I have been reading the 4e PHB and would like to give it a try if you have a opening for a noob to the sytem and a sort of noob to FG ( have had a number of sessions but still learning). I have been gaming since 1976, and only missed 4e because of RL reasons. I have played many systems over my years as both player and GM/DM. I am now retired and have plenty of time to game. I also love a homebrew.
    Last edited by Lienhh; October 27th, 2021 at 19:20.

Congratulations on early retirement!

I'm interested in the campaign, but I've never played 4e. Both options, and how you describe them, really appeal to me, as does a DM with decades of experience. I(think I)'d love to run a homebrew campaign, but the few sessions I've run from modules were plenty challenging.

Anyway, if for some reason your party isn't already full and you're looking at me as a player, here's my availability:

Sunday: All day
    Monday through Saturday: 6-9 pm

Thread Information