DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Module Image Inclusion Suggestion & Examples

I've noticed that when Smiteworks ports a module into FGU, images provided in the module are more often than not overlooked when building it out. As am DM I am forced to go through all of the images provided and discover them on my own, decipher them as to purpose, and I often miss images that were included in the original module for a specific event or encounter. A great example of this is ROTFM (playing now) with examples below. Please be aware some may consider this a very minor spoiler:

1. There is a drunken pic of Trovus (Caer Konig) in the module that's in the image file, but without a link to the town or quest where he would be seen. I discovered it after the fact.
    2. There are multiple images of events that take place on Kelvin's Cairn as part of the quest "Mountain Climb" that are not linked anywhere in the quest at all, though the images are present if you root through the raw content.
    3. There is an image provided in the real module of a view of Caer-Dineval with "The Caer" itself seen over the village. Not only is there no link or reference in the appropriate section of the mod, I can't even find the image at all in my content and I had to download it off the internet.

This is not the first experience I have had with images not being considered by the staff when porting, much the same can be said for Avernus.

My request, please take careful consideration of all relevant content and links when transferring them into a mod, including the provided IMAGES. It's extremely difficult at times (who knows that the image is there or what it would be called?) to filter through possible images and find the relevant ones for various parts of the modules as it stands currently. My players enjoy seeing the artwork, lesser so when I present it days or weeks later saying I found this after the fact and didn't realize it until now.

Moderator: Moved to the 5e thread.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; October 24th, 2021 at 00:19.

NPC images are always linked in the NPC notes space - if there is one. Sometimes they'll also get linked in the story entry or embedded in the reference manual. The story/refmanual should follow pretty closely to the physical book. So if there's an image of an NPC at a particular point there'll be an image linked at the same point in the FG module.

If you are finding images that are missing altogether then do report these in the 5e bugs thread.

Basically you should not need to trawl images at all - or even open the images folder - all images should be linked at the appropriate location that they are found in the physical books. I didn't do Rhime but I did do Avernus. So if you are seeing something missing from Avernus also report that in the bugs thread and I'll fix it.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

I can't speak for anyone else that does ports but if its in the pdf it goes in the ref manual in exactly the same place.

The examples I listed above are all completely valid. I am no longer running Avernus so I really don't want to go back and look, it was more me recalling the same from that module. I can't speak to all modules or content, but to me it feels a bit systemic. Anyone on the development team with access to ROTFM (or other players with said access) can feel free to confirm/deny.

I've pointed your comments out to the developer so that he can chime in.

As I said before if you see bugs then report them here so they can be fixed. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Reports-(2021)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Just on the one point about Speaker Trovus I'm seeing his image ok. I don't have the source material but there there are several images in the refmanual for the Mountain Climb but I don't know if any are missing. Is this the image of the Caer that you are talking about?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've looked over the items you listed and I'm able to locate the images in both the reference manual and the story entries. If you click on the images located in those sections the images appear, it will open the image into an image window. Can you provide an image of your reference location where these images are missing?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I've looked over the items you listed and I'm able to locate the images in both the reference manual and the story entries. If you click on the images located in those sections the images appear, it will open the image into an image window. Can you provide an image of your reference location where these images are missing?
    When I go into story and open the link to Caer-Dineval, I see no reference to the Caer Dineval image (attached) anywhere is the story at all. That includes all subsequent story tabs after that one. I am not sure if it's present in the module. When I click on the Climbing Kelvin's Cairn quest in the story and move forward to "Yeti Den" and "Ruined Camp", I see no link or reference to images "Blue Boots" or "Climber Meets Yeti", which are clearly meant for the quest. These are just a few examples.

Caer Dineval.png

All the images present in the Reference Manual and Story entries are located in the images sidebar masterindex. Story entries tend not to have links to artwork as they are better presented in the Reference Manual. So accessing them at this time is available. As for adding links to the artwork in the story entries, it may be considered for a future update to the module, but not at this time due to other priorities.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    All the images present in the Reference Manual and Story entries are located in the images sidebar masterindex. Story entries tend not to have links to artwork as they are better presented in the Reference Manual. So accessing them at this time is available. As for adding links to the artwork in the story entries, it may be considered for a future update to the module, but not at this time due to other priorities.
    Superteddy, thanks for the response. The story area houses the details for rooms and encounters and is where I spend most of my time in the content. I rarely go into the reference manual unless there is some missing piece of information that I need. Having pictures located in a "master index" doesn't help much as it's not obvious which if any pics are relevant with a certain area in the story, hence why I submitted this. The names of the pics don't necessarily correlate with the event. My hope was this this would elicit a change in behavior to your module translation process that included linking relevant images into the story going forward. I do think it would be a worthy exercise (when time permits) to go from most recent to least recent of the official modules and update the image links into the story area as future purchasers will appreciate having the images handy where they are most needed. More so, as new modules are coming out, including the linking up front during conversion would be best. My goal is to help Smiteworks present the best product possible, I do realize how busy the team is.

Thread Information