STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    I just realized I didn't answer your question - The chat message in my screenshot pops up when I first log in and then open the character sheet the first time.
    That would be because the character sheet opens, it refreshes the values as it does onInit etc..

I'll set it up and see if I can replicate it, which I probably can, and see if I can adjust the update functions on my extension to call into auto encumbered in a slight different way.

-pete

edit: My guess would be as the character initialised, the auto encumbrance looks at the values and sets it as encumbered, then my extension updates them with the correction.. which removes it from the CT.. but obviously it passed via encumbered and showed the message. As my extension loads after the other I might not be able to resolve this... as if I move my extension to be first, then the auto encumbrance may well just 'stop' my extension setting the required values. If that is clear or not etc...
    Last edited by bratch9; May 21st, 2022 at 23:13.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    I genuinely appreciate you working towards fixing the issue and I wish I could be of more help because I know troubleshooting can be supremely frustrating. Particularly when the problem isn't clear. I'm really not sure how else to help pin down the problem, but I can provide a bit more visual evidence and see if that helps.

Marker 1. Shows the character as encumbered in the chat box
    Marker 2. Shows the additional encumbrance value that I have given the character using your extension.
    Marker 3. Marker 3 shows the inventory sheet registering the custom change to the encumbrance value.
    Marker 4. Shows that the character is not encumbered in the combat tracker.

Attachment 52874
    Released an update,

1.6 - Updated to try and stop ghost chat messages from 5E Auto Encumbrance.

Give it a go and see if you are happy with this version. If you spot any more edge cases like these, feel free to let me know as I do like to correct issues people are having.

Thanks,
    -pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    Released an update,

1.6 - Updated to try and stop ghost chat messages from 5E Auto Encumbrance.

Give it a go and see if you are happy with this version. If you spot any more edge cases like these, feel free to let me know as I do like to correct issues people are having.

Thanks,
    -pete
    Your patch seems to have fixed the issues I was having.

Thank you.

I just picked this one up and it worked right out of the box. Great work as usual! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I just picked this one up and it worked right out of the box. Great work as usual! Thanks!
    You are welcome, if you spot any issues or see any conflicts or extensions its not working with etc... Just post the info and I'll take a look.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

v2.0 updated to reflect changed to ruleset inventory max/drag box sizes.
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

This was working perfectly until the Fantasy Grounds v4.5 update. Now, if this extension is active any NPC I open is blank, a window will pop up with the NPC's name but no other info is shown. I set up a new campaign with only Common Core v0.1a and Encumbrance Tweak v2.0 running and I have the same issue. If I just have Common Core v0.1a running, NPCs show up fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ObiTonyKenobi View Post
    This was working perfectly until the Fantasy Grounds v4.5 update. Now, if this extension is active any NPC I open is blank, a window will pop up with the NPC's name but no other info is shown. I set up a new campaign with only Common Core v0.1a and Encumbrance Tweak v2.0 running and I have the same issue. If I just have Common Core v0.1a running, NPCs show up fine.
    npc.JPG

I dont seem to have this issue, mine looks fine on v4.5 with the v2.0 extensions.

Could you attach some screen shots, and check if 'console' is reporting any errors. ( Or use the 'compile logs' button on the console window and attach those for me to look at ? )

Thanks, Pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    npc.JPG

I dont seem to have this issue, mine looks fine on v4.5 with the v2.0 extensions.

Could you attach some screen shots, and check if 'console' is reporting any errors. ( Or use the 'compile logs' button on the console window and attach those for me to look at ? )

Thanks, Pete
    B9-Blank-NPC.jpg Hope this works, I have loaded a campaign with only three of your extensions (core, encumbrance, and dpr) which you can verify in the chat on the left. An NPC is opened and it is completely blank, doesn't even have the fields like it should have if it was full of zeros.

I did not get any error messages upon loading into the campaign.

If it helps with debugging, every extension I have that changes a character sheet tab is broken now. So friendzone adds a companion tab that's broken. Kingdoms and Warfare has units and cohorts that's broken. etc. Ones that change chat, display things, etc. are all working fine.
    Last edited by GavinRuneblade; March 9th, 2024 at 18:06.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    B9-Blank-NPC.jpg Hope this works, I have loaded a campaign with only three of your extensions (core, encumbrance, and dpr) which you can verify in the chat on the left. An NPC is opened and it is completely blank, doesn't even have the fields like it should have if it was full of zeros.

I did not get any error messages upon loading into the campaign.

If it helps with debugging, every extension I have that changes a character sheet tab is broken now. So friendzone adds a companion tab that's broken. Kingdoms and Warfare has units and cohorts that's broken. etc. Ones that change chat, display things, etc. are all working fine.
    Looking between the 2 screen shots, we are on the same FG version, but different rulesets. I'm not on my normal dev machine, so will have to look into why the ruleset versions are different as it looks like my laptop is did not fully update for some reason on my previous test.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information